tow hook ideas

CameronT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my buddy has one on his 521......story goes ...i had a old one laying around from years ago and i brought it over and stuffed it in his bumper as a joke .... week later a box shows up on the door that has front and rear tow hooks ... 2 sets...... im not tow hooking even though its physically impossible to tow my truck with the mark 1 lip on it ...maybe a smaller one ........ i will see if i have a pic of his

i do cause i was making a three point turn in my 521 and dropped the rear wheels off the asphalt and got a leaf spring stuck ... had to have my buddy in his cadillac come pull me off and even then i could only hook it on the control arm and pull directionally cause straight woulda ruined my mk1 lip

i would do it for both so many times i have needed a rear or front tow hook and have to take apart my truck to get it to tow, haha i need something heavier duty in the rear the front lighter duty for weight purposes, the front isnt gonna be much of an issue granted that the truck is light, i have a feeling as soon as i put em on i wont need to tow anyone at all

I like race cars and I like a "race look" but I've always been confused by tow hooks as a fashion. They are for rescue when you've pushed too hard on the track.

It kind of looks like your saying "I can't keep it on he track/road" to me.

i can see the reasoning behing that, if i do decide to do them im getting atleast race quality for durability hopefully

I think some of them look stupid. Especially on dodge neons. I hate those damn cars.

neons need em for transportation road side assistance rotfl they can use them for sure

i do cause i was making a three point turn in my 521 and dropped the rear wheels off the asphalt and got a leaf spring stuck ... had to have my buddy in his cadillac come pull me off and even then i could only hook it on the control arm and pull directionally cause straight woulda ruined my mk1 lip

I kinda did that today....Taking a turn I was going around someone and I went through a huge puddle and my Shock mount got stuck and a bunch of strangers helped me break it loose.