F!cking toe is killing me please help....

jrock4224

Everyone has options, power steering is an option, it's just a pain in the ass to do, I have power steering on the work truck, have had it for years.

It's in my work truck thread.

funny when we built the tram gauge,  hans and I had a extensive conversation about building adjustable control rods similarly to the troy ones on our 510s....but yes i plan on addressing the caster issue .. i think right now one king pin is so fucked, since it has way more camber and shit ton of play is affecting the issue cuz the steering wayno is describing only happens one direction .... i got a couple good  alignment guys but this truck will pr0lly get the schwab treatment .,,,,, i am reluctant though cuz all my peeps at my les schwab have gone onto bigger and better things so telling them anything is like going to vatozone and talking machine work

hopefully my bushing show up so i can swap the fresh king pins on this weekend and address the issue but fuck the truck drive a billion times nicer already.....i think i need to back off my adjustment screw too its seems to have gotten too stiff ....what fluid goes in a steering box ....fuck i wish they had a power steering option

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thank mike this box has been sitting for a while .... long while .... thinking after we tightened 3/8 a turn t startred to get stiffer like my old box ... gonna reverse that setting and hopefully get some freeness back int he steering wheel ...

Set the pre load with the wheels off the ground. Turn quickly lock to lock and any stiffness or tight spots is easy to notice. You won't get the sensitivity just driving it around and will be way too tight. Wear is mainly in the middle (loose) and tighter on the full lock. If you adjust for minimum play in the center the lock can tighten up and you will have to pull the wheel back. This will only accelerate the box wear.