KA/L dist

Was in the yard yesterday and finally!!!! there's a RWD KA truck in. The first yet seen. It's the high volume oil pump that I want out of it, but while looking around I noticed the distributor. There are a few FWD motors here but the distributor drives off the rear of the head. I don't suppose it would fit an L series would it?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I new a kid who put all the ka injection on a L motor, he had a little difficulty with the distributor, he said something had to be grinded or it was bad new. Thats all I remember.

I think that the FWDs were cam driven.

not much chance of using the FWD dizzy, but you could probably make the RWD one work. It is just an overglorified L motor

They (FWD) are mounted and clamped in place between the head and valve cover and lock into rear of the single camshaft. The FWD have a totally different timing cover with internal crank driven eccentric oil pump. (Stanza)

The RWD KAs have the higher out put oil pump that will fit any L and Z series motor. I removed one from a 240 sx with a rod through the block and the rotors are ground up with metal particals.(crap!) I did measure the internal rotors and they are 14% longer than the stock L/Z ones. The KA drive spindle looks similar but the distributor end has a small spline on it so you might need it, if it WILL swap.

Agree, it's an over glorified L. In theory, the KA head would fit an L16.

• 10 months later...

Clear the hell down to page 18 before I found it. LOL

Copied from Kiz's link:

you could use a ka24e rwd distributor. These basically drop in to an L or Z cover/drive, and have nissan 360/4-1long basic CAS as well as a rotor and 4 plug leads on the cap. They work with any single coil nissan ECCS system, such as the U12 ka24e (highly recommended efi setup).