Anybody like the Z24?

gryffinwings

Have too ask did you mean the A10, the HL510 '79-'82 or the PL510 '67-'73????? The A10 (although 'called' a 510 is anything but, and should always be called an A10 ... or HL510 to distinguish it from the real 510)

If the later '80-'82 A10 HL510 and simply replacing the Z20 engine that's in there just use the Z20 oil pan and pickup tube, the Z20 engine mounts. The Z24 will have a 240mm pressure plate and the Z20 release baring collar isn't compatible so get the release collar from a Z24. You can use the HL510s clutch arm and transmission.

• Like 1
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a U67 L head on one but haven't completed it yet. It's got a 710 oil pan on it, new rod and main bearings, no manifolds and is tarped up in the shed. I expect to use my R-1 carbs and L16 exhaust manifold if/when I swap it and expect 120 at least. This was originally a Z24i from a Hardbody that was fitted with carb and intake  and put into a 720. It was rolled and how I got it. Had it in my 620 and it ran very quiet and well with low speed grunt.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

I never understood your love for this icehouse I am running your can am box in my 82 720 4x4 Kae swap. Previous engine was a z24 I swapped in for a z22. LOVE my ka RIP z24.

HAHA I'd would have much rather gotten a 90's KA or VG truck but they are impossible to find as clean as this 86 I found.  RB swap in the future.  Honestly I've had a few NAPZ trucks and they've always ran great.  Just a little underpowered.  

• Like 1