Increased steering with bigger tyres?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go to the gym? I dunno. Its like the issue when you go low... you have to go sideways over everything to keep from scraping it and bumps make you queezy.... but its totally worth it

besides... the only time it'll be difficult is when you arnt moving

I put 10.5" X 31s on my 620 and you can forget it. Was forever parking it so I could just drive away. It did convince my to design and make a power steering set up for it. It was superb, even moved up to 33". If doing this find a 720 that has power steering and just swap it all over, the heavy lifting is already done..

The "ideal" setup with factory suspension is narrower front tires to allow steering with minimum effort and wide rear tires to provide traction when you hit the gas.  Assumes rear drive.  If you go to radical parts retrofitting, anything is possible.  It's all a function of the tire [tyre] "patch" on the ground.  Big patch, more frictional contact so more effort for front tires, better thrust for the driven wheels.  Not that I'm in favor of bicycle tires up front and tractor tires in the back.