moving to area 51

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that reminds me of the malcolm in the middle episode when reese gets a sunburn and finds out that skin has layers, and he's like "there's skin under my skin, thats why i've been so careful" lol

In California, '68 through '75, are not tested but still require smog equipment. Earlier than '68 is fair game. I haven't known anyone, who got busted for removing smog parts on '75 or earlier vehicles. I'm sure it has happened though.

I did; 69 corolla and 71 Plymouth cricket. Got a ticket on the corolla, which was dropped because the police officer wasn't qualified to write such a ticket. The cricket ticket was part of a bust, and was dropped in favor of the 6 counts of speed contest, 6 days in jail, and 30 day hold on the car. They probably didn't figure of be getting out after paying $1000 in storage.

I did lots of research awaiting trial and found out that it's a federal crime to alter your emissions in any state on any year vehicle originally equipped with an anti pollution device.

It's up to the state to enforce it though. It was explained to me that '68-75 was exempt from emissions testing, not emissions equipment.

Now, this was ten years ago; but I doubt much has changed

• Like 1

I did; 69 corolla and 71 Plymouth cricket. Got a ticket on the corolla, which was dropped because the police officer wasn't qualified to write such a ticket. The cricket ticket was part of a bust, and was dropped in favor of the 6 counts of speed contest, 6 days in jail, and 30 day hold on the car. They probably didn't figure of be getting out after paying $1000 in storage.

I did lots of research awaiting trial and found out that it's a federal crime to alter your emissions in any state on any year vehicle originally equipped with an anti pollution device.

It's up to the state to enforce it though. It was explained to me that '68-75 was exempt from emissions testing, not emissions equipment.

Now, this was ten years ago; but I doubt much has changed

Bingo!!!!! Nothing has changed. And as far as finding a somg guy to do it on the down low. Well not anymore. I have a friend that runs a smog shop and he wouldn't even think about it for any kind of money. 

And yeah... It's pretty getto in that area. People with money don't really want to live in Hell!!!! And that's where your headed son, Straight to hell.. And like someone above said the only good thing with in a 75 mile radius is WSIR

hope it pays well in hell then

Just jackin with you bro. It will be hot as hell in the summer, And windy. And cold as hell in the winter. And windy,  But it's dry windy. So dry that nothing but rocks grow out there.

Well then, you sir, have never smelled the inside of a "Cum Palace" that some truckers inhabit.  My roommate was a diesel mechanic for a while.  Some of the trucks they flat out wouldn't go in.  Others they donned a hazmat suit.  Super gross. 

smogs on the down low are hard to get 

they have undercover smog agents that try to get an illegal car passed and if they do the smog tech can and usually loses there licence and can also serve jail time 

happened to a friend of mine but he was able to serve house arrest but lost his smog licence forever