Show me your box

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The perks of working for a Snap On franchise ;). That Epiq belongs to a customer but I could get you one ;). I don't recommend white though, it shows greasy finger prints too much

Black shows prints too much. I will never own another black box.    < HA!

If I was to purchase another Snap-On box it would be a red EPIQ, black rails, double, power cab w/hutch. FAP!

My shop provides the boxes for us now. 

5'x5'x30" older KRL box with matching benches that has a storage cabinet, a cabinet for our service cart and our lift controls.

Our current dealer is also getting out of the business. No more Snap-On peddler for us. 

I have no clue if we're getting another dealer.

• Like 1

You could use the $1600 cost of the box to buy real tools?

Right!!

Wait only $1600? Thats not nearly as bad as I was imagining.. I was more meaning like the EPIQ though. Or the one in Topher's post

I estimate my tools being worth somewhere around $2300 ish? maybe a little more

Right!!

Wait only $1600? Thats not nearly as bad as I was imagining.. I was more meaning like the EPIQ though. Or the one in Topher's post

I estimate my tools being worth somewhere around $2300 ish? maybe a little more

Well then. You have a $10,000 budget. 

:rofl:

Sorry about the repost, should have known there would already be a thread like this. If I'm being honest though, I stopped reading that thread when they started dissing on Snap On :fu: . At least at the end of the day, we all love Datsuns :)

The people dissing Snap-On tools are those don't push a wrench everyday; don't need to trust the tool in their hands.

For me, if I need to trust the tool in my hands it says Snap-On on the handle.

Nothing else. Not MAC, Matco, Craftsman, or Cornwell.

95% of my hard line in all Snap-On.

Hell, I own more Harbor Freight stuff than I do Craftsman.

• Like 2

Yeah, Harbor Freight fits in a nitch and will always be a useful source for certain products. But if you're going to buy something, do it right the first time! Spend the money now and as long as you dont lose it you will have it for life

What idiot disses Snap-On? They invented the freakin socket, And to this day make the best sockets/handles in the world. And most of their other stuff is the best in the world too.

When everyone else was screwing around with their old style ratchets, Snap-On came up with the Dual 80, A 3/8 ratchet that handles over 280ftlb!!. Try breaking one, I dare you. I have had my F80 since they came out and I beat the living piss out of it, the worst I could do to it is snap the switch lever off (which is of course replaced for free, after 2 months of using it like that) Being able to both put a 3 foot breaker bar on a handle, and then being able to get it in a tight spot and still ratchet it at 5 degrees of movement is a huge HUGE advantage.

And Who makes Snap-On? Oh yeah SNAP-ON, MAKES SNAP ON, NOT SOME THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURER.

Matco, Gearwrench, and Craftsman, are made by the same manufacturer, and that manufacturer is not Matco.

And who makes toolboxes you can put a truck on top of?.....

• Like 2

Yeah, Harbor Freight fits in a nitch and will always be a useful source for certain products. But if you're going to buy something, do it right the first time! Spend the money now and as long as you dont lose it you will have it for life

I wonder what niche? 

I bought grinder after grinder which failed like clockwork after 2 mos. of usage each.

I figured okay I'll spend cheaper; bought a shop scissors and a rivet gun, each failed after ONE usage each (center actuating joint quit on both).

Then I figured okay cheaper still, painters' tape and packing tape (can't get a solid strip off without each tearing to the side, much frustration on my part).

Actually I still buy their rubber gloves but it is true;

I GET WHAT I PAY FOR...

I wonder what niche? 

I bought grinder after grinder which failed like clockwork after 2 mos. of usage each.

I figured okay I'll spend cheaper; bought a shop scissors and a rivet gun, each failed after ONE usage each (center actuating joint quit on both).

Then I figured okay cheaper still, painters' tape and packing tape (can't get a solid strip off without each tearing to the side, much frustration on my part).

Actually I still buy their rubber gloves but it is true;

I GET WHAT I PAY FOR...

HF's powder gun is the exact same as Eastbay's $200 gun. 

I have the same shop scissors I have had for 8 or so years. Use them daily to do things I shouldn't. Best $0.99 spent EVER. 

Electric tools? Never. Their air tools aren't bad though. The red 3/8" impact gun they have-pretty f-in' snazzy. 

Their tool boxes are pretty well constructed considering the price. 

Every socket I have from 27mm and up is from HF. Haven't broken a single one in well over 10 years. 

Easy to say, sure. But I use the hell out of my tools daily. 

I have a full set of long reach pliers that have been to hell and back. Still good. 

Be smart with what you buy. And one of the smarter things to buy from them is the protection plan in certain cases.

I will also say it appears there are lots of things that they have really upped the quality on. 

Just in case you were wondering, the back of the truck says "Your wife called, she said it's ok"

My wife showed up at my work when the Snap-On guy was at the shop and I was out on the truck. 

Co-workers directed her on to the truck. I was a deer in headlights when she climbed in. 

My dealer made nice and introduced himself then started unloaded armfuls of pink Snap-On swag onto the wife. 

Socks, hats, stickers .Pink ratcheting screwdriver. Girls t-shirts. He had a couple of drawers full of this stuff. 

She turned to go put the stuff in the car. Dealer turned to me "She will never say another word about you and this truck again."

That was 4 years ago. Not a peep. 

• Like 1

Thats a butt load of swag! Your dealer must really like you :thumbup:

We keep loads of the pink stuff on the truck just for that reason. Even if she isnt there, send it home with the husband and she wont get as upset when he has to dish out $50 a week to his truck account.