The real 1,000,000th post

Saw you guys duking it out trying to get the 1,000,000th post by the front page counter but you were about 14,300 late.  That's because of all the merged threads/posts or deleted threads/posts. The database array is not setup to reorder every post after it is stored as that would cause issues if not hashed correctly and increase server load.

Actual 1,000,000th post is:

http://community.ratsun.net/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1000000

Hey, maybe it's supposed to be that way ... but it looks wrong. Truck is a 79 4 spd. I took off the inner boot to tighten up the linkage (Sloppy play up and down as well as side to side / rattles while driving) and it's really oily down in there.   Oil kind of running down the side out of the hole, and oil all on the inside of the boot. What busted?

Oh just thought of something. My rear main seal leaks and needs to be replaced... maybe oil is running down the transmission and into there? Could it be coming from some other place?

And here's is post # 1,000,001:

http://community.ratsun.net/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1000001

Pump brakes several times to release any stored vacuum.

Press down normally on brake pedal and hold.

Start engine.

You should feel the pedal drop slightly towards the floor as intake vacum rises.

This is normal..

At least these slightly significant milestones were not pointless BS, like this post is lol. Congrats!!

-Robert

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way. 

There are many, many more deleted/hidden posts that aren't even counted. 

There is no way to tell what the legitimate 1,000,000th post is. 

I'm just stoked to be part of Ratsun and being here for such a milestone. 

They have to be counted, this is the way a forum array works.

The actual 1,000,000th post is found by typing in this search string:

http://community.ratsun.net/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1000000

"pid" means post I.D.  they're all accounted for and numbered before they are deleted or hidden.  You can find any other post number this way as well.

I see what some are saying about "no way to tell", but the 1,000,000th time the post button was hit and a post was successfully stored in the database is shown above.

-Robert

Hey, maybe it's supposed to be that way ... but it looks wrong. Truck is a 79 4 spd. I took off the inner boot to tighten up the linkage (Sloppy play up and down as well as side to side / rattles while driving) and it's really oily down in there.   Oil kind of running down the side out of the hole, and oil all on the inside of the boot. What busted?

Oh just thought of something. My rear main seal leaks and needs to be replaced... maybe oil is running down the transmission and into there? Could it be coming from some other place?

If the seal is leaking did you top it up and maybe over fill it?

There is a plastic breather, is it plugged?

Look at the back of the valve cover. Is the gasket leaking?

• 3 months later...