aluminum rad for a KA24DE swapped 78 620.......

Eagle_Adam

ive searched and searched and havnt found "enough" answers

i dont really want to run the stock rad in my 620 when my KA swap is done, so im curious if anyone can point me towards aluminum rads that "fits" (bolt in not needed, but would be a bonus) and im also after an electric fan set up but thats another story 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you have seen this,

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/58363-aluminum-radiator-in-620-easier-than-you-thought/

You could PM Radim to get the exact specs on his rad. 

Why dont you want to run the stock one? I think Steve runs stock rads in both of his KA 620's.

I took my radiator in and had them move the inlet on the top to the passenger side, I havent had a chance to try it out because my project is completed but it should work just fine. However, it cost me a little over a hundred dollars so it would probably be worth it to buy an alluminum one.

Not sure if you have seen this,

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/58363-aluminum-radiator-in-620-easier-than-you-thought/

You could PM Radim to get the exact specs on his rad. 

Why dont you want to run the stock one? I think Steve runs stock rads in both of his KA 620's.

I took my radiator in and had them move the inlet on the top to the passenger side, I havent had a chance to try it out because my project is completed but it should work just fine. However, it cost me a little over a hundred dollars so it would probably be worth it to buy an alluminum one.

i have seen that link, but im not bashing in my firewall........

and i can run the stock one...... but sexy aluminum........ want

• 2 weeks later...

i thought a 2000 vw jetta 1.8 turbo rad would fit its lil bit longer but will fit n it cools a turbo engine just would need to get that inline thingy with the cap on it and a resevoir tank i will have this by next canby gotta fix floors first. but currently running my stock rad works ok gets a lil hot but f*** it.

pics!!!

From his build thread :)

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/52622-round-2-fight-now-with-a-de-in-progressfor-real-this-time/page-67

i had thurs, fri, sat, sun off for the Holiday break  - which made for a shitty monday

but i just got a shiny new bit for the truck dropped off by ups!!!!  makes for a much more tolerable day IMO! 

BFBE6933-E3D1-4BD8-9667-5A5F4E4138D1_zps

83C4E2F9-8705-47B2-991C-8F1A73F216AB_zps

now im waiting for the powder coated parts to come in the mail and i think its game on for test fit/final assembly 

• Like 1