• 1 year later...
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Been a while, which is good because it means that the truck hasn't needed anything. Alas, that was bound to change eventually.

Bjw5sS0.jpeg

The poor H190 had finally had enough and relieved it self of a couple of pinion teeth. 

• Like 2

As far as I can recall I've never done a proper burnout in this truck. Breaks traction plenty, but saving the diff is the whole reason I've kept skinny all seasons on it. Managed to find a replacement fairly local. With any luck that one will hold up until I have time to put an appropriate axle under it.

• Like 1

The original plan was to hold out until I put an 8.8 in the 66 mustang then toss the 8" from it under the Datsun. It should handle the power just fine, has some aftermarket support for diffs and gears, is very nearly the same width, and I've already put discs on it. The trick to that will be the 4 link and coilovers.

• Like 1

And it's in. Kinda nice that the longest part of the process was cleaning the old gasket off. 

ezbBnYU.jpeg

Some obligatory carnage shots. 

udfTZiE.jpeg

XddyFTj.jpeg

There is some heavy pitting on the ring gear.

wZZzY9f.jpeg

Still a few things to button up, and a very probably leaking pinion seal to ignore for now, but should be back on the road next week.

• Like 1