New to the forum. Starting my 620 project

patrickh

I bought a 72 620 about a month ago and since have started tearing it down to do a little body work and fix all the little stuff.  It will also be getting a ka24de transplant soon.  I'll post as the project progresses.  Thanks everyone who has posted write up's and info about the swap and brakes and etc.  1392079_642398772448939_1654823377_n.jpg1392096_648126431876173_1890877920_n.jpg1394791_652160604806089_787879033_n.jpg1454960_652160191472797_620744205_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already messaged redeye about the mounts so i have that figured out.  I read in another ka24de swap write up that the 720 5 speed manual trans bolts up to the ka24.  I'll find out this weekend i guess after i pull the cab off and pull the motor out if that's gonna work. 

I've already messaged redeye about the mounts so i have that figured out.  I read in another ka24de swap write up that the 720 5 speed manual trans bolts up to the ka24.  I'll find out this weekend i guess after i pull the cab off and pull the motor out if that's gonna work. 

Just make sure it's a later transmission from behind the NAPZ motor.

Truck looks straight and clean, nice find :cool:

• 1 month later...

I'm about ready to go back together.  Just need to get a couple more parts ordered.  Also what clutch/flywheel setup is anyone using with the 720 5 speed trans on the ka???

First off, what parts do you have?  Do you have a flywheel?  What's it from?  Do you have the clutch and pressure plate from the transmission? etc...

I think you will find you need to match the clutch and pressure plate to the transmission throw out collar (so the clutch and pressure plate need to match the trans), but at the same time, make sure those bolt to the KA flywheel.  The KA flywheel that I had was a 225mm... I'm not sure what your NAPZ transmission used, though I suspect it was the 225mm.  I presume the KA is from a car, then the flywheel will be lighter than the typical truck flywheel.  If you don't intend to haul much with the 620, then go with the KA flywheel......

This might help a little:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/58641-release-bearing-collar-throwout-bearing-collar-selection/

• Like 1