Slow drivers stayed home that day...

I finally got new tires, this time a good set instead of the "comfort softs" I was running on lol.  After some run around, I was able to find a shop to mount them in time for a Sunday "cruise".

CnCRun1x.jpg

CnCRun2x.jpg

CnCRun3x.jpg

CnCRun4x.jpg

CnCRun5x.jpg

You can see we were prepared for fun.  There was mention of driving like a "civilized human being", I found out that meant having a lead foot and plenty of gas to burn.  If that Miata/hairdresser's car looks familiar, that's because it is, Dyslexicdime was doing wind swept hair styles for everyone.

CnCRun6x.jpg

We planned a few stops, but I had no idea where they were and was hitting 120+ to keep up with these guys lol.  And then at the end of a straight, they had a stop... so my brakes didn't get a chance to cool.  Smoke was rolling out of the front, at first I thought I blew a power steering line.  Nope, just the carbon/kevlar pads getting a little hot.  The Viper guys were impressed with the smoke lol.

My friend in the red 240z (all stock L28) pulled in right behind the F430 as we were heading out, and one of the Viper drivers was thinking he'd be slow... but he surprised everyone and was congratulated him on staying right on the bumper of that Ferrari, haha.

CnCRun7x.jpg

Another stop, in a small town.  They were either staring because they liked the cars, or wanted us to get the hell out of their town lol.

CnCRun8x.jpg

This is on the way back, after most of the group split up.  An old Datsun guy came over to talk up a storm to the other old Datsun guy lol.  Maybe Mitsu owners will be like this soon...

And here's some video, computer generated closed course, of course.

We did about 250 miles that day, 90% of it was hammer down.  No issues for any of the cars, except a brand new FR-S which got a check engine light as we got out of the parking lot.

-Robert

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. I love your Starion. Were you scraping through there?? sounded like it alot around 2:30ish. 

I was scraping a bit, mostly running out of travel in my springs... the first road no filmed was quite rough and those guys did not take it slow, it did put the fear in my oil pan.  Most of that scraping was done by dyslexic's Miata, which you can't hear over the rubbing of tires to the fenders lol.  The F430 driver in the lead was scraping a lot as well, but his deep pockets were not phased.

-Robert

What's the name of the road and about where is it??

Not to bomb down at high speed really, but it does look like a very scenic type twisty road to cruise down with the 510  when i'm down in that area..  Was thinking of bothering Izzo out at the coast soon and need to go to the Sherwood Pick n Pull so getting to cruise a road with all those twists AND fall colors seems like a win-win.

That would be so much fun i really wish I could just drive out like that. That Starion its a beautiful machine!

Thanks!! What is preventing you from going for a drive and just cruising around?? Even though gas is not cheap, driving around in the awesome areas we have access to is one of my favorite things to do. When gas was $1.00, I would drive all day endlessly finding new roads lol.

That is last year, more driving with no destination lol.

-Robert

Any of the back roads to Vernonia are good, other roads off hwy 47 or 30 are good as well.

I love cruising around and being a "leafer" lol.

Uh, I mean they were all computer generated.

-Robert

Cool ,, yeah i will be the family in the minivan of science that you guys cant seem to get around.. Usually i'm not holding up traffic though.

:)

Cool ,, yeah i will be the family in the minivan of science that you guys cant seem to get around.. Usually i'm not holding up traffic though.

:)

Lol, what's a "minivan of science"??

Surprisingly, that day, almost everyone pulled off the side of the road to let us pass.  Probably because it was a bright red Ferrari, or bright red 240z, taking up their mirrors.

-Robert

Thanks!! What is preventing you from going for a drive and just cruising around?? Even though gas is not cheap, driving around in the awesome areas we have access to is one of my favorite things to do. When gas was $1.00, I would drive all day endlessly finding new roads lol.

That is last year, more driving with no destination lol.

-Robert

Mainly work and family one of these days though I'm gonna go for a drive!

Methinks I may have to plan a trip to Oregon and show up the Mitsu pickup in my autocross truck.   :)  I mean, can you put my in your computer simulation?  I'd like to beat the Ferrari. ;)

• Like 1

Mainly work and family one of these days though I'm gonna go for a drive!

Bring the family out with you haha.  One time I found a pretty awesome school playground for my daughter, tucked away in the hills.

Methinks I may have to plan a trip to Oregon and show up the Mitsu pickup in my autocross truck.   :)  I mean, can you put my in your computer simulation?  I'd like to beat the Ferrari. ;)

It's a legit vintage SCCA Coors Series roadrace truck... and now it's been turbo'd with Starion parts and a standalone fuel management system (not a bad way to spend $10,000).

truck1.jpg

It would be neat to see your trucks go head to head though lol... 8 bit trucks against a 32 bit Ferrari.

-Robert

Dang, that might just handle better than my beater.  I'd love to find a Coors hardbody somewhere.  Rarer than hen's teeth I suspect.

The hardbodies actually did well I believe, qualified first that race. If it weren't for those cheating Archer borthers in the Commanche's. My friends truck is #87.

-Robert