Stereo shaft nuts needed

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple sets of those lying around if they are what I am thinking of. The 2 nuts that screw onto the shafts the knobs go on? If so then I'll trade you them for your dual carb set-up:fu:

Already did. As well as all the major electronics stores, and smaller car stereo places. I can't find them on Ebay, either.

Radio Shack quit carrying car stereo stuff long ago. I guess the Realistic brand couldn't compete. :rolleyes: I asked the manager why they don't carry anything even related to car stereo's, as well as, "Isn't your name Radio Shack"? No answer.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Radio Shack quit carrying car stereo stuff long ago. I guess the Realistic brand couldn't compete. :rolleyes: I asked the manager why they don't carry anything even related to car stereo's, as well as, "Isn't your name Radio Shack"? No answer.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

try the radio shack outlet store at the supermall

Radio Shack Outlet

(253) 804-4634

That's them. Two carbs for two nuts? :eek: How about two beers instead? :D

I guess that will do. As long as its Mirror Pond:D By the way my Indian name is "Runs with Beers":D

Go to any place that custom intalls them. They'll have boxes of knobs, nuts and whatever. Trust me.

Not necessarily so. I've been to 5 such places so far. They all look at me like, "Huh"? It might help if I head over to some of the more established outfits, so I'll go to those tomorrow.

If I can't find anything, I'll hit you up, Doug.

I guess that will do. As long as its Mirror Pond:D By the way my Indian name is "Runs with Beers":D

Funny, I thought the actual translation was "Staggers with Beers" :D

Nobody uses those style stereos anymore, they are all DIN (hack your dash up) style.

You might try some toggle switch nut's. You might have to buy a couple toggle switches though.

Just remember that the nuts come in different sized and thread pitch (German and Japanese radios tend to be metric, I found that out when trying to reuse the OEM shaft lock nuts from my Ford on a new radio). But any wrecking yard with pre-1985 cars in it should have a few cars with factory radios in 'em and those things are pocket-change sized...

Can't say how many of those nuts I've thrown away with old radios that had let the smoke out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.