84 720 kc project

mattmctree@gmail.com

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not being very wise with computers i have been asking numerous different question about my project truck with out starting a thread. i just learned what one was. so here it goes.

i bought a 84 720 4x4 kc about 2 years ago for 900 bucks, its had been sitting in a barn for 15 years. being a bit of a newbie to auto mechanics i thought it would be a good way to learn and have a cool truck when done. so far i have not done much with it as it sat in a feild for a year and a half. i replaced the clutch, slave cylinder, starter. i drained the old fuel and put it a new fuel filter and got it to fire up . i need to bled the clutch a bit better as it is still spongy, a pain when by myself. 

i found some frame rot so my next step is to pull the bed and scrape the frame down to see how bad it is. the engine runs really rough, im sure most of the vacuum tubes are shot, i was thinking of replacing the hitachi with a weber for simplicity but have not decided yet.

Once i get a digital camera i will post some picks.

All previous question posts about your 720 are now under this one roof. You will find it much easier to look up past posts for content as well as the questions. This is now your Project and most questions should be asked and kept here. I realize that some questions will fall outside this post and might be better asked in the General or Technical forums, but best if possible to keep here.

• 3 weeks later...

well as i am looking to move and havent had much time to work on my truck i ended up selling it the other day. i learned alot from the work i did on it so i dont totally consider it a loss. i  ended up selling it for 1350. he put 500 down and is going to tow it back to his place and once he pays the rest i will sign the ownership over to him. the guy who bought it is going to work on it with his grandpa who used to have one in el salvador. im glad its going to a good home. hope in the near future after moving i can find myself a patrol.

Well I have to say never let it out of your hands until paid in full. What if he yanks the motor and sells it to buy a KA and then something happens. You finally get it back hacked and in (missing) pieces. Seen this before.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...