Where to find Hoshina Impul OR Work Equip 02 replica?

Unless you were at JCCS this year....everyone and their momma had em.  Along with those weird pleather "race seats".

"everyone"

Is fake, be original.

Dont wanna pony the change? Then don't tune cars.

I will never run fakes, on any car, I am above that, even if my bank account isnt, many others feel the same way. I will save for years before I ever consider something non-authentic that is  made in Taiwan or China.

• Like 3
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never run fakes, on any car, I am above that, even if my bank account isnt, many others feel the same way. I will save for years before I ever consider something non-authentic that is  made in Taiwan or China.

But Rotas are made in the Philippines :rofl: 

in regards to jccs, i was very surprised to see rota, xxr, and other knock off/rep companies

on many of the cars there. 

its so interesting to me... i can really dig a car and it can be done right in every way but once

i see reps/knock offs its like a boner killer

• Like 4

in regards to jccs, i was very surprised to see rota, xxr, and other knock off/rep companies

on many of the cars there. 

its so interesting to me... i can really dig a car and it can be done right in every way but once

i see reps/knock offs its like a boner killer

I saw some s13 that was pretty nice with some xxrs. 

surprised to see that the car world is going downhill when everyone cheaps out.

I know this might seem hypocritical but I can tell people don't hava e patience for a build anymore. 

It sucks, I shake my head and walk away from every single car I see with fakes. I will not look at a car if I see fakes on it before I get close to it, unless its something really special or unusual, in which case, knock offs are even worse!.

Use real wheels. I hate that our "hobby" or really "way of life" is going downhill fast with all the crappy ebay parts, and shoddy work.

• Like 1

I don't really see a problem with knock-offs. Especially when the cost of a JDM/original wheel is 3 or 4x what the knock off costs in the right size. 

I've always been more Function>Form, so if I can save $500 on a set of RBs instead of going to Panasports and then spend that money on a new set of carbs, then I'll do it (hell, I did). 

I even think some of the knock-offs look better than the originals. The RB, in my opinion, is a much better looking wheel than the Panasports that are being produced now (the hubs are getting larger and larger with each generation, making the spokes less prominent). 

• Like 1

But it isnt function over form, if that was the case you would stay with stock wheels.

Its cheap>not cheap

which turns into

Impatient>patient.

and

money spending>money saving.

which then leads to

Owning ill reputed half quality> Owning real legitimate quality made products.

Behold, the problem with 'Murica.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see why people buy reps. over the name brand ones all day long.

1. For one we dont live in Japan.

2. Recession

3, Not everyone can, has the need too. for, etc to buy a certain brand

4. $600-700 for a new set of rims, not even used is already getting wierd for a car thats pushing 30/40yrs old.

5. Used rims $500- $1000. I could see doing this if you were there cash in hand, ready to go; but ebay eh.

Cars especially old Datsuns attract a wide variety of people. People get into these cars for  many reasons. Maybe the experience of building/owning one, or the new set of rim is the bad ass self gratification your looking for. Really if you feel the need to band aid your $500+ dollar Dato with panasports or w/e go ahead. Same goes for the guy or gal who instead buys new repos. again to each there own.

• Like 1