Where to find Hoshina Impul OR Work Equip 02 replica?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well for one it would help if you spelled it correctly, its HOSHINO. 

just teasing, but you did spell it incorrectly :)

if they didnt make em in the heights you were lookin for, then i would understand goin replica.

but, upon searchin, they DO make them in those sizes ^^

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u48991705

miya8899talent-img600x450-1370767261fp9g

15x7 and the offset is -2 i believe (only 2mm ( .07"!!) off. APPROX $330, before shipping. 

couldnt find any 16s at this time. but, they ARE out there~

oh and also ill let up a lil on you buyin reps since they no longer make that wheel anymore

so youre not really hurtin the industry/manufacturer

• Like 1

Ive never seen reproductions on either of those wheels. The closest youre going to find is SSR MKIs/Centerlines or Fatlaces new wheels through AME. Though the Fatlace wheels are more of an SSR Maxim wheels I suppose. Anyway, still looking at $800 a set. 

Sometimes you have to pay to play. 

• Like 1

Ive never seen reproductions on either of those wheels. The closest youre going to find is SSR MKIs/Centerlines or Fatlaces new wheels through AME. Though the Fatlace wheels are more of an SSR Maxim wheels I suppose. Anyway, still looking at $800 a set. 

Sometimes you have to pay to play.

Yeah.. I was thinking I'd have to go with the mk1's. I'd be happy to pay 800 for wheels that come in the sizes I need and that don't need restoration so those just might be what I'm gonna end up picking up

Are 16" x 15" even going to look right on a Roadster????? and ........ in this design???

What about the same diameter F&R, and slightly wider rubber on the back ones. This will make the rears look wider than they are. Very '60s-'70s RWD. I find the newer larger diameter rims look weird on older cars that never had them. Maybe an inch larger but that's it.

I've bought from this guy before.  great products and good prices.  But 14x6 doesn't seem to be big enough for you

(I see you like them up around 8 inches :poke: )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SSR-Hoshino-Racing-Wheels-AE86-Mazda-Honda-Datsun-Civic-240z-Toyota-240sx-/121172255780?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item1c366de424&vxp=mtr

Plus I don't think you'll need to go bigger than a 14/15" for a roadster.  Stick to 14s.  But definitely hit up dawa if you want some crazy awesome sizes.  He imports for us from Japan

• Like 1

Are 16" x 15" even going to look right on a Roadster????? and ........ in this design???

What about the same diameter F&R, and slightly wider rubber on the back ones. This will make the rears look wider than they are. Very '60s-'70s RWD. I find the newer larger diameter rims look weird on older cars that never had them. Maybe an inch larger but that's it.

It depends on what you consider to look "right". This is a pic of 16's on a properly lowered roadster, keep in mind I want 15's in the front, but I love the large wheel in the rear.

57a1008e4549032f43e8f4f5797cee0e.jpg

Same car w/ 15's front & rear

69a5c7a4d69316b53044b9b8fa67a0b6.jpg

• Like 1

I've bought from this guy before.  great products and good prices.  But 14x6 doesn't seem to be big enough for you

(I see you like them up around 8 inches :poke: )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SSR-Hoshino-Racing-Wheels-AE86-Mazda-Honda-Datsun-Civic-240z-Toyota-240sx-/121172255780?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item1c366de424&vxp=mtr

Plus I don't think you'll need to go bigger than a 14/15" for a roadster.  Stick to 14s.  But definitely hit up dawa if you want some crazy awesome sizes.  He imports for us from Japan

that mother fucker! i used to get stuff through taiyo as well. like you said, good prices. 

thing is he stopped responding to me. 

but 650 for that set looks like a good deal to me!

Buy real wheels, Always buy authentic wheels.

You can find them with patience. You can afford them with the same patience. No excuses.

Also Stockers are the way to go til you can afford real wheels, doesnt have to be the stockers on your car, but stockers from something.

Buying fake wheels who steal their designs from real companies is like taking money out of their pockets. Less people buy real wheels, less research goes into new streetable racing wheel designs, there is less product on the market over time, and prices go up.

Also there is not as much quality control with knock offs.

Real friends dont let friends rock Rotas.

• Like 2