Pictures of 510 Stereo systems

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at putting a stereo system in my 510 I have no power wires or any old wire from factory radio. I guess they were cut out at one time. please post pic so I can get some ideas.

thanks

Manuel

510.org may still have the wiring diagrams for your model.  Stereo/radio power supply wiring was generally integrated with the dash harness, speaker connections may be a separate item, don't have a 510 so no help there.  Older wires may not have been cut, just unplugged.

Id get the radio bezel that youre missing and install that. Then buy a generic mounting kit for a new radio and fit it into the dash. Would be the easiest way to get a stereo in there without making some custom piece to fit in that giant space you have.

Then cut into your kick panels to install some speakers. 

Here somes pictures of the rear deck I have and door panel I don't plan cutting in to.

reardeck_zps2b34dc99.jpg

372d7232-cb6c-40e3-9764-a5259e03d6e9_zps

Id get the radio bezel that youre missing and install that. Then buy a generic mounting kit for a new radio and fit it into the dash. Would be the easiest way to get a stereo in there without making some custom piece to fit in that giant space you have.

Then cut into your kick panels to install some speakers.

Ok I have the radio bezel I took it off to see what wires I have and it looks like Im going to need to run new power wires for the radio. I don't know were to get ignition 12v power to it.

Ok I have the radio bezel I took it off to see what wires I have and it looks like Im going to need to run new power wires for the radio. I don't know were to get ignition 12v power to it.

test light, find wires with power, then turn off and on ignition to find which ones are hooked to ignition.  Or do like a friend of mine did, wire it to your headlight switch >.< lol.

I would'nt cut those door panels either you can mount some mids or tweets in the vents have some kick panels made for a 6.5 box in your trunk and mount your amp or amps on the side. Run your own wires power on one side and speakers on the other to minimize engine noise. Buy, trade or barter for good quality equipment do it once do it right  take your time. I haven't done a system in a 510 but from what i 've seen its not that complicated ,i have a goon and have more space in the back but you can get alot of ideas when u go to car shows.