Datsun collectibles experts, do you know this?

Well, I have been a bit away from the forum, but never from Datsuns, since I moved here.

Im always searching for datsun stuff, memorabilia of collectibles that really catch my eyes and that doesnt go astronomically expensive.

I found this things latetly and I would like to know a bit of the background, if someone knows it.

The first is this patch, its a real over 30 years at least patch, because on the back side, the type of stitches is not like the actual machines and its old and brownish.

The pin im not sure how old it is, maybe not that old but I like it, for 4€ is not bad.

IMG_20130912_094032_583_zps9890e25e.jpg

This is my favorite so far, a Datsun Kimono, I will ask the seller how they got that, but I think the sellers husband, owns a Auto dealer and she said that its a real 70's item. What does the japanese writing says, I have no idea. But sadly she couldnt find the belt. Anyway, im the most happiest datsun samurai around haha.

IMG_20130912_090639_969_zps6d14bb79.jpg

I appreciate any info given and of course the comments :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the patch is cool. lots of versions of that out there. It's often called the Datsun Griffin logo, but it's a lion,  it was a 1960's thing.   Are you buying this stuff in europe? the pin is 70's...

never seen the kimono, very neat.

• Like 1

the patch is cool. lots of versions of that out there. It's often called the Datsun Griffin logo, but it's a lion,  it was a 1960's thing.   Are you buying this stuff in europe? the pin is 70's...

never seen the kimono, very neat.

Thank you Merlin, I was expecting already a great answer from you. Yes, im buying them here in Europe, if you stumble with something you want, we can work it out to send it somehow.

It says 'long life' and 'good fortune'

:o Really? that its even cooler :D

I thought it said "Lower it".

Everyone can interpret it the way they want it, right? haha

i think the griffin/lion (its debatable, idk and idc)

is a carry over from Prince? which makes it more sought after?

Its a pretty common design... you can find them all over eBay. From what Ive seen its from the Roadster days and is a common logo associated with them. 

• 1 month later...

The new item to my collection. The seller stated it as a 70's racing jacket. Im not relaly sure if 70's or early 80's but it doesn't matter, its in perfect condition and its pretty warm for the days here. :D  Brand: The Great Lakes Jacket.

IMG_20131028_104434_7741_zpsb19d5362.jpg

• Like 2

The new item to my collection. The seller stated it as a 70's racing jacket. Im not relaly sure if 70's or early 80's but it doesn't matter, its in perfect condition and its pretty warm for the days here. :D  Brand: The Great Lakes Jacket.

IMG_20131028_104434_7741_zpsb19d5362.jpg

This is what I styled my seats in the 1200 sedan after----cool to see the jacket!