Meet My 1974 Datsun B210 "Dixie" Blood is in this car!!

Slinky Dogg

Blood Blood and Blood in this car

Took me about a year to go through the whole car, replaced many seals, the little things, and save up for paint, motor and carb work. 

No Rust, thank you Victorville CA

This car is a runner, pretty good mpg around 29-32,  max speed 70mph

Wheels Minilites, I painted them rattle can plastie dip gloss black

Little body work, but all straight, I put Lexus Pear White Paint.

Carb Stock

Pioneer Sound System with Subwoofer....it rattles your teeth

Interior pretty original. ripped up driver seat, cracked dash, all the norms, 

Put a Woodgrain GT Grant, the stock steering wheel was falling apart

Took off the BIG front bumper and put on a datsun 521 truck front bumper

Blacked out the front Grill 

The cars are alot of fun and drive really well :) Datsun all the way

Still working on it, I would die to motor swap this for an SR20det... any feedback let me know thanks!!

photo2-6_zpseb15f24d.jpg
photo3-3_zps39e710e3.jpg
photo4-2_zpscdb7218e.jpg
photo5-3_zps3ac2b5f6.jpg
photo1-2_zps49a9662f.jpg
photo2-5_zps7890d454.jpg
photo4_zpse3a66451.jpg
photo5-2_zps6d1a8c0d.jpg
photo1-4_zps2916be23.jpg
photo2-7_zps99cf7b7a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blood Blood and Blood in this car

Took me about a year to go through the whole car, replaced many seals, the little things, and save up for paint, motor and carb work. 

No Rust, thank you Victorville CA

This car is a runner, pretty good mpg around 29-32,  max speed 70mph

Looking good.

You should be able to do way better than 70 with the stock drivetrain though. I used to routinely push mine up over a 100 and I had it to 127 once with the A13 and 4 spd. 70 should be easily doable. Or is this an auto?

Also what is that front bumper off of?

Thanks Everyone, hard work does pay off.

Looks awesome! Great job. Love to see some pics of the interior.

Thanks I willl get those pics up soon

That front bumper looks great, does it fit on the back also?

naw the back bumper is stock, i painted it black so it looks a little more skinny

You should be able to do way better than 70 with the stock drivetrain though. I used to routinely push mine up over a 100 and I had it to 127 once with the A13 and 4 spd. 70 should be easily doable. Or is this an auto?

Also what is that front bumper off of?

yeah my car is auto, I feel like i could go faster, but i dont wanna mess up anything, its seems like everything is finally dialed in good. Its really reliable.

yeah my car is auto, I feel like i could go faster, but i dont wanna mess up anything, its seems like everything is finally dialed in good. Its really reliable.

Mine started as an auto. The swap to manual is the best thing you can do for drive-ability. Makes it feel like a totally different car. Also you gas mileage will go up.

• Like 1

That would be nice swap, what did you do and use for the manual swap?

This has been covered here a couple of times. Off the top of my head you will need:

pedal box

clutch cylinder master and slave

various hard and soft lines

driveshaft* -unless using a 63a 5 speed transmission (74 B210 driveshaft has the 1200 rear flange not the B210 rear flange). You could also swap the rear pumpkin/diff to a later B210 to upgrade from the H145 to H150 rearend. Note: the auto driveshaft will only fit the 63a, the input shaft is smaller for the other transmissions.

transmission/stick shift/knob

flywheel - maybe flywheel bolts also. I can't remember if auto-manual bolts are swappable. I know the head on the manual bolts is taller and so will not work with an auto but I can't remember the other way around.

pilot bearing/clutch/pressure plate

engine adapter plate (2mm)* maybe I don't think the auto used these, you need this if running an A14 flywheel. You don't need this if running an A12 flywheel

transmission mount adapter* if using the 63a just flip the auto adapter and drill some holes to allow it to bolt to the stock location. If running any other transmission 60 series etc. you will need 3 spacer plates. I used 1/4 inch steel under the rubber mount to space out the other plates to allow me to tie the stock bolt locations to the auto transmission mount. I did also weld a single stud into one plate to make it easier to go together.

Probably some other stuff I forgot too. Please see this link (for 1200 but similar) and use the search function. Pineclone had a recent thread about this.

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Manual_transmission_conversion

I did my original swap to a 4spd in 2000 so some stuff I may have forgotten, I did the 5spd swap 2011.

• 2 months later...