Engine coming out for paint, what swap?

n2o

I bought a 510 that already has a KA swapped in. At the least, I was going to do a new harness and clean up. Since its going to be a lengthy process, I was thinking about swapping something else in. Out of the Nissan stable what newer engines are options? A 3.7,something with boost? I'm not putting a carb'd engine back in there so save your words.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lengthy process? what do you think swapping a 3.7 is? Doubtful if it will sit on the KAs mounts, or use the KA rad, or the exhaust, or the cross member or transmission mount or driveshaft or the EFI wiring. Paint the motor? Just drive it.

I have made the interior much nicer than the exterior. The exterior of the car is primarily spray paint and I HATE RUST. This thing has very little rust and I want it gone and well preserved. I'm not sure I'm going to swap it but you can bet on two things. I am going to detail and smooth the engine. I am going to paint it.

If it already has a KA, why are you looking for another engine swap? Tons of people would just love to have the KA in your car. It's a great engine, and works well in the 510.

I assume you're new to Datsuns, and the 510 is new to you...........My suggestion is this, keep the KA for a while. If you want, you can always turbo it later. The work involved with swapping in another engine is huge. Seriously. It requires engine and tranny mounts, driveshaft, exhaust, possible oil pan issues, sway bar issues, intake plumbing, radiator hoses, and a new wiring harness. So if someone has already done all that to your car, I'd leave it alone.

• Like 1