The Ratvan.

Rat Van

Guest jaimesix
wow, that sux.. im glad where im at in washington my 77 doesnt have to do emissions.. infact only things newer then 83 have to do emissions.. 25 years an older are exempt

In California, or "Khaliphorneeea" as Arnold Swatzenegger has officially "re named it", thanks to that dork, that has destroyed the financial state of this State, what used to be a 25 year limit on emissions requirements, has become a complete ban, anything older than 1975 is required to show full emissions compliance, 100% performance in the smog emissions department.

Again, same self made "Khaliphorneeean" Arnold Swatzeneger, perhaps through hefty slash fund payments, only requires car manufacturers to make and sell emission related parts for 10 years after a particular vehicle is sold.

It is easy to see, the only parties with profits in this system are 2.

1) The State. For every car they deny registration for not passing the test , there is a new car that will be bought, new, or recently new. That car will pay fees and emission tests for ever, providing money to the coffers.

Who cares about clean air, if that was the goal, companies would be compelled to make and stock emission related parts for as long as needed, to support the vehicles these companies sell.

Every car that was granted an exeption under the 25 year limit, becomes a sore to the money oriented, who cares about clean air state goverment. A car that is exempted will pay zero, nada, niet, tata.....to the state except a minor registration fee non related to smog.

2) Automobile manufacturers. These companies work in close cooperation with states and goverments. Easy to see the connection.

well....sorry for the sequestering the thread......back to the original content....:)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...anything older than 1975 is required to show full emissions compliance, 100% performance in the smog emissions department....

You mean newer than 1975, right...:eek:

Guest jaimesix
...anything older than 1975 is required to show full emissions compliance' date=' 100% performance in the smog emissions department....

You mean newer than 1975, right...:eek:

:rolleyes: blip....blip....blip....blip....

I stand corrected, my enthusiasm and my passion in this topic made me commit this error.

Addendum and errata......Anything newer than 1975 needs to comply.....:lol:

Thanks Zero.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

The 180B has long since perished. It was flogged out with rust. A dodgey patch on an old vinyl roof. It generously donated an engine and lots of return dosh $$$ for the blue 120Y daily to get going. Now however I just got rid of another stanza which has generously donated a whole driveline consisting of a warmed over L20 with 45dcoe weber and R30 stumpy 5 speed and 3.7:1 diff centre amongst other things. There are currently2 and a half 120Y panelvans in the backyard at the moment, about 30 wheels of various types, 2 x L20's, L18 W block, A87 heads, Offenhauser 4bbl intake, 45dcoe weber setup, stanza strut setups x 2, more and more car parts, my box trailer and a tanderm car trailer and one Seriously Pissed Off Wife.

I am not sure if I posted this one already but I'll put it up again anyway. The green van is the 2nd one I got, mainly for the doors and van inserts. Now it is in 2 parts. The front got dragged to the tip. Sorry about the murdered datsun.

15837.jpg

16802.jpg

its interesting that we get cars you dont an you get ones we dont..

i dont understand why females have such a problem with us collecting car stuff.. i think its cause of attention.. or they want stuff of they're own.. not sure we'll every really know.. but we gotta stand strong.. once they think they can take our toys away we'll be screwed

Guest DatsuNoob

Ratvan! I love the blue 120y, and also those 6 slotties. Dont believe I've even seen those until now. Pretty interesting how you converted the L-18 to LPG. Gas gettin' pretty spency down there? Other than needing an LPG specific cam, how does it run compared to a normal N.A. L-series? I hear you loud and clear about the missus, I've been having trouble getting into my garage lately, she's alway got me doing other less enjoyable activities. Ah yes, the joys of domesticated living. Well, we look forward to updates on your progress, as well as pictures. We love pictures. Welcome to Ratsun.

• 2 weeks later...

THeres not too much to add at the mo as I have been cleaning like a coke mad house cleaner. Not that you would ever notice in my garage. It's an absolute dogs breakfast at the moment. I've removed most of the dangerous sh1t and expensive to break stuff also and took some pics of the collection. I thought you guys might enjoy as some of the stuff between countries is so different.

My carby collection. It looks a bit like an evolutuin!

17318.jpg

My spare gearboxs

17319.jpg

My steering wheel collection.

17321.jpg

And finally the grille collection.

17320.jpg

I am still on the crossmember mods so I will do a little photo shoot as the progress goes so everyone can see what goes on.

Guest jaimesix
/modules/myalbum/photos/17321.jpg[/img]

And finally the grille collection.

17320.jpg

Hi Ratvan.

I am interested in your second grille, are you interested in selling it? If not, could you get me one like that one? We never got that one here in the US.

Thanks.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

I am hanging onto most of my stuff at the moment as you neer know when you'll need another grille. But I will keep a lookout. A grille will set you back around the $50 mark but it's the postage that will eat you up. At Holinger we send gearboxes to USA and Europe frequently so I may be able to get a reasonable price on freight. I'll look into postage this week.

Guest jaimesix
I am hanging onto most of my stuff at the moment as you neer know when you'll need another grille. But I will keep a lookout. A grille will set you back around the $50 mark but it's the postage that will eat you up. At Holinger we send gearboxes to USA and Europe frequently so I may be able to get a reasonable price on freight. I'll look into postage this week.

Cool, thanks for your reply. The second grille is the one I like the most. We had a grille similar to the 1st and 3rd grilles in your photo, with turn indicators in the smaller holes in the early B210s ; we had the last grille in your picture in the last B210s sold.

We never got the one I like, the second one, let me know about it, I appreciate.

Jaime._______________________________________________________