Smog details

Bambino

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you'd pass the NOx emissions with a Weber carb unless your jetting was literally perfect, or a little lean. I've never heard of someone passing smog on a Weber, but I suppose it's possible if the rest of the equipment is in good shape and the carb isn't jetted rich. 

You can certainly re-build one, even if you have to mix 'n match parts from several carbs to do so. Carb re-building is not rocket science. Just allow yourself a full morning uninterrupted, lots of work space, take pictures have a quality carb kit and everything ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Around $30. Should always have an accelerator pump as this is usually the most worn out part and makes the biggest improvement on a carb build. The second biggest improvement is simply cleaning it. Gaskets are usually reusable but good new ones are fine. Should have a new inlet needle valve. Should have thorough instructions (and good pictures) for setting choke un-loader, choke fast idle and best of all thick cardboard float drop adjustment gauges.