Batsun 620

Batsun

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just have finish up the back and front pass floor and start driver floor and battery tray holes and put new body mounts in and then take back to radio shop and put motor in,

couple questions

1. what muffler are people using on a ka
  2. would 240 header work in a 620
  3. how much do i shorten my drive shaft or could i use other so i dont have to shorten
  4. and is there any good wright up on wiring a ka with can am box

thanks batsun

• 2 weeks later...

1. Dunno. How loud do you want it? Maybe ask what people are running on frontiers and 240sx?

2.it'll fit the engine of course. Might have a problem with the torsion bar clearance?

3. I read a thread that said the fox body mustang V8 1pc shaft fits well

4. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/537-how-to-wire-a-ka-ca-sr-and-vg-into-anything/

If you read a few build threads you'll find a lot of different pumps. Seems like most guys skip using an in tank pre-pump and use an external high pressure aftermarket pump somewhere near the gas tank.

I'm still running my L16 so I'm just parroting things I've read in here as I PREPARE to do the KA swap ;)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey everyone

sorry for no update in along time I have bin busy and the weather been really shit but spring is here so I be doing some more work to the Datsun in the next couple weekends,

the floors are almost done just couple thing to be done to pass side and the driver front floor just have to start it, and seal the floors, and body mounts, I have done little bit of wiring prep ,

batsun :rofl:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey everyone

last weekend me and radio got the motor in and tranny and its down to the little things, :rofl:

I have few questions :confused:

1. my drive shaft is to short what drive shaft could I use,
  2. how did you guys do your fuel return
  3. how did you guy mount your ka tranny to the 620 cross member

thanks batsun

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

hey everyone

last weekend me and radio got the motor in and tranny and its down to the little things, :rofl:

I have few questions :confused:

1. my drive shaft is to short what drive shaft could I use,
  2. how did you guys do your fuel return
  3. how did you guy mount your ka tranny to the 620 cross member

thanks batsun

Is it the stock driveshaft? There was talk of swapping it? Have a shop lengthen it.

'75 and on 620s have them. It's just a length of tubing. Make sure it's larger diameter than the fuel line. I believe the tank has an aluminum vapor vent line to the front. Disconnect it and use it as a return. You may have to use a vented gas cap.

I would put the motor and trans in place and get it as close to level as the old 4 speed and take some measurements while holding the cross member in place.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...