My pet rat passed away today.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was great.  The good is he went quickly, the vet said it was a neurological event.  They are susceptible to tumors and he truly went downhill in a matter of hours, so he suffered very little.  He had a very unique personality and actually changed a lot of people's perceptions about having rats as pets.  He fathered 19 children and sad to say, not one seems to be as special as Gavin(could be a biased opinion  :rolleyes: )

Sorry to hear..

Out of curiosity, how'd you bathe him? I never thought about washing anything smaller than a dog until just now.. If it was a similar process, was he cooperative?

I've come across a few other rat owners and I'm getting somewhat intrigued.. Do they do tricks/anything pretty amusing..?

Sorry to hear..

Out of curiosity, how'd you bathe him? I never thought about washing anything smaller than a dog until just now.. If it was a similar process, was he cooperative?

I've come across a few other rat owners and I'm getting somewhat intrigued.. Do they do tricks/anything pretty amusing..?

I put him in the bath tub in warm water only about an inch or two deep.  The first couple times he would hit the water and fly up my arm!  but a few times he just let me get him quickly lathered and rinsed and then towel dry.  Gavin would sit on my shoulder and munch on almonds for as long as I let him.  They are very intelligent and live just a few short years.

• Like 2

I put him in the bath tub in warm water only about an inch or two deep.  The first couple times he would hit the water and fly up my arm!  but a few times he just let me get him quickly lathered and rinsed and then towel dry.  Gavin would sit on my shoulder and munch on almonds for as long as I let him.  They are very intelligent and live just a few short years.

Huh.. Pretty cool. 

I used to watch animal planet a lot when I had cable back in the day, they're fascinating creatures, and quite capable for their size.