Cause 6 Dat-Projects weren't enough, 510 2 Door: CA18det, RHD...

I am running t3 rear coil overs with 250LB springs and 8 way agx shocks and I am pretty happy with them 

If you want real stiff rear go 300LB 

but mine rides good at 250LB on the # 3 setting with minimal sag on take off 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know Ranman!

I modified the intercooler and made my cutouts on the radiator support.

I ordered my radiator from PRC this morning.

24" double pass

16" high

1.25" in/out

under $300 to my door. I should get it in 2 weeks.

I am working on the exhaust now, or at least the downpipe.

The next big step is dealing with the wiring.

I don't know why everyone wants to run some fancy custom intercooler setup on the 510. I have an inexpensive Mishimoto intercooler that fits really well. I'm sure it's not the most efficient or baller unit, but it fits with room to run 90 degree elbows, no trimming to the grill, and enough room for a decent sized radiator. It's a 3" unit and I'm sure someone could copy it with a better 2.5" core and save some space. Just my two cents.

I don't know why everyone wants to run some fancy custom intercooler setup on the 510. I have an inexpensive Mishimoto intercooler that fits really well. I'm sure it's not the most efficient or baller unit, but it fits with room to run 90 degree elbows, no trimming to the grill, and enough room for a decent sized radiator. It's a 3" unit and I'm sure someone could copy it with a better 2.5" core and save some space. Just my two cents.

Yo,

Post up some pics and measurements for us. I have a Mishimoto I considered, it is also 3" thick which spaces the radiator back a ways. 

I made the mistake of cutting the rad support to install the large 3" mishimoto without elbows, now I regret it and am going to have to patch it up. Went with a smaller unit that sits between the frame rails with 2.5" piping. Definitely put some time into thinking about what you want in the end.

• 1 month later...

Well I have been making progress, but no time for a lot of pictures. I have been taking them, but I need to upload them onto photobucket to share.

I refinished the bluebird tail lights, painted the interior and belly, fabbed up 3/4 of the 3" stainless exhaust system, started shortening the driveshaft(which is .040" press fit so I need to machine the yoke to slip back onto the tube which btw is a 39" driveshaft), and finished most of the intercooler piping. I need to modify my custom made radiator, the upper inlet needs to be dropped down 4" to clear the throttle body and then I can fit radiator hoses and a fan.

Oh, and I refinished 2 of the 4 enkie wheels. It takes some serious time to sand, prep, polish, and paint them.

I think I hid the intercooler rather well. Im very happy with how it turned out.

1234351_10201379674906637_909594460_n.jp

1240389_10201381165023889_575565896_n.jp

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im still working on getting the exhaust welded all up.

But I made significant progress today!

First pics of the rear from last week:

20131213_180323_zps5797471a.jpg

20131214_123003_zps2d22ca75.jpg

Im probably gonna blast those lens covers one more time and paint them with something a little more industrial in the hopes that it will last longer... so hard to get paint to stay on semi chromed surfaces. And the industrial paint should mask some of the pits I hope.

I hadnt really touched the engine bay since the update picture with the wiring being done. This morning I put the fuel feed line in, installed all the rubber lines, installed the fuel pump, wired the pump, changed the oil on the engine, installed a 36" universal throttle cable, and then had lunch. I picked up a buddy down the road and we continued the attack on 2 fronts.

20131229_171311_zps89bb33bd.jpg

20131229_171257_zps8a59c6b8.jpg

20131229_171235_zps30cf4f41.jpg

Ive robbed the customized OE RB25 BOV from an old project and fitted it to the CA, from what I can tell did not have an OE BOV for some reason.

I plumbed up the Intake manifold runner control setup, then we fitted the gas tank and plumbed the whole thing in. Finally we were able to install the rear seat and the back panels that go on either side of the gas tank. 

20131229_171337_zps5e9eb5bc.jpg

20131229_171351_zpsb1eabffb.jpg

It got to dark to take any more pictures, but we did progress farther than the pictures show.

I sourced a radio bezel, and the upper hood latch from a friend. 

Tomorrow I will search for radiator hoses, top off the transmission, and tackle the rest of the engine bay harness, before I have to jump back into work mode and finish a customers jeep engine install.

• Like 1

Looks like a stock starter... It was on the engine. The Transmission is a CA... or at least bolts up. I assume its an engine set as it came all together when I purchased the car... just sitting in the passenger and rear seat not the engine bay. An oddity that I caught was that the starter bolts come through the back of the bell housing from the trans tunnel side, not like most Nissan starters where they are bolted through from the starter side of the housing. I have never had a CA18 rwd before so I cant really compare it to past experiences.

It turns over nice and smooth though.

Bought some vinyl today for the deck lid, rear inner fender wells along the seat, under the rear seat, and along the inside rockers... Gotta put the wife to work on that.

I also popped in to a buddies place last night and borrowed his TIG Synch-wave for a few hours. I finished about 3/4 of the exhaust! Not bad for a first time TIG welder either. I usually just have him do it for me.

20140104_124104_zpsc93f3113.jpg

20140106_134716_zps83644f6e.jpg