Bad Wagon, 71 510 Goon +SR + Holset = Giggles

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh you have a hx351ve?, sweet. and your using a waste gate actuator to change the veins?, great minds think alike.

at full boost on that turbo the SR would be fine........ with ARP head studs, and connecting rod bolts, main bolts, a stand alone, a little head work, big injectors and a good dyno tune with dual knock sensors and wideband.

in other words over kill.

careful.

and on that T fitting you should be able to just put a pair of vice grips on it and twist. but remember you need to replace it or move it somewhere else, the other one is not enough, you need both.

oh you have a hx351ve?, sweet. and your using a waste gate actuator to change the veins?, great minds think alike

and on that T fitting you should be able to just put a pair of vice grips on it and twist. but remember you need to replace it or move it somewhere else, the other one is not enough, you need both.

We toyed with using a spring instead but others have used the WG with great results

As for full boost. . Im completely ok blowing this motor up as long as it does so in a rebuildable fashion lol

Yeah I can keep the portion of that vent that faces forward, but that rearward bung has gotta go...

Can you put an L fitting in instead?

WTF did you do to that truck?  My stock 01 maxes at 24PSI

You has cummins??  :thumbup:  your turbo can handle a lot more then 24psi........ hx's & hy's can easily handle into the high 30's low 40's  there are few guys who have even gotten them into the 50's on the cummins forum.  They wont last long with that much though

I am just about to turn 200k on my truck and It still has lots of get up in it.  I will more then likely need a new turbo in the next 10-20k though...... :confused:   from reading your thread, your car knowledge is far superior then mine..... I just didn't want you to think these turbos can be used all out on a 4cyl and the engine would be fine. Then I read your ok with it blowing as long as you can rebuild it somewhat!! lol

• 6 months later...

I am ALMOST hoping it wont fit under the hood :devil:

20130722_162721_zps82abf0a3.jpg

Nah - get it to fit under there. It's a better "surprise" for everyone if they don't expect anything. You just throw down and they say "WTF". Then they can't wait for you to open the hood. I get this all the time with the MX520 and the 411 Goon, Misinformation.

Not much of an update.... ended up doing more visiting with the few buddies that came over than working

#becauserum

20140206_213937_zps3rvt99jp.jpg

Front suspension removed

20140206_215814_zpstp7delrm.jpg

into the blaster for clean up

and just a picture of the work space... and DAMN SNOW,,,,

20140206_213919_zps8wzuqr2d.jpg

• Like 4