320 points

SS320

Having some trouble finding ignition points & exact replacement part number.

1964 E1 with Hitachi dizzy.

Tried rockauto and some of our local outlets etc.

Maybe I should get rid of them points altogether.

Confirming the exact part number will help.

Any one got that please?

Where do you guys get your points/condenser?

This pic is for 1963 to be clear. I need the replacement part number.

22146-10360 didn't mean much at my local parts store.

I'm hoping to find the condenser as shown in pic. With one part number only.

Thanks if you can save me a bit of time searching!

320partscatalog63points_zpsb5ba7a9d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bunch of points sets, part# 22145-89900, the number says it's for lots of nissan cars/trucks, but says nothing about years, but I also have a bunch of condensers, part# 22102-U6003, these packages say it's for an A13/A14/H20.

I have no idea what these parts are actually for, I received a couple boxes of parts from the UPS guy, he seen I had Datsuns, and asked the neighbor to ask if I wanted them, then one day they were on the front porch.

I also have several points sets of part# 22145-18006, and several condensers, part# 22102-00801, these all look the same to me, and several vehicles are suppose to use them.

Maybe these parts numbers are what you need, I don't know how to find out what they fit, as when I punch in the part number, it just says it's a nissan part, which I already know.

• 3 weeks later...

I just googled the part number and I came up with this: http://store.hgmforkliftparts.com/nissan_forklift_parts/NI22146-10360.aspx

I tried to deal with this Datsun forklift parts supplier, but Rosey just wanted my credit card details and way to much money!

Decided to pass on that.

Now, just buying everything close that I can find now wandering aimlessly around the net!

Hopefully, some good prospects on the horizon!

I never give up.

I tried to deal with this Datsun forklift parts supplier, but Rosey just wanted my credit card details and way to much money!

Decided to pass on that.

Now, just buying everything close that I can find now wandering aimlessly around the net!

Hopefully, some good prospects on the horizon!

I never give up.

Read the first page on this thread, Mike combined an E1 points distributor with a matchbox electronic distributor off an L20b I believe.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/393-mklotz70-nl320/

I found out the points I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread were for the A series engines.

• 2 weeks later...

New points set arrived.

They go in tomorrow together with an oil change and a brand new oil filter element.

Slight adjustment on the timing and the 320 will be flying!   Almost.

Looks like I'm sticking with the original points setup. :)

Eat my cloud of smoke...

One(1) New Vintage Quality Japanese made by "Century", Old Stock (NOS) 1963-68 Datsun 311, 320, 410, 411 and/or 520 2-Piece Ignition Contact Point Set with mounting hardware for various 1960's model vehicles. Related part#s are 22145-71300, Dana/Ludwig/Napa part# is 39-3011 and Lucas ref Part# (DSJ200).

points_zps21926d46.jpg

That is the part I received.

Fitted together with a new condenser, and a slight advance in timing has totally changed the car.

No more flat spot, backfiring or exhaust popping on the downshift. Sweet smooth idle. Way more responsive.

Haven't taken it up to highway speed yet but its great around town so far.

Really great. :)

Oh, for anyone that doesn't know, do not attempt to change points without removing the Hitachi dizzy first!