720 Owners- What would you pay for an uncracked dash?

dhp123166

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is valuable feedback. Thanks folks...

I left one up north about a week and a half  ago and am debating if I should take a chance to return to see if it is there and remove it.

Not like finding a 240z uncracked dash....

Hmm.. Might be able to get a nice original dash for that price.. 

Not sure it would look good on mine though since the rest of my dash is also not in the greatest condition..

Well here is my good deed for the day;

At the Pick A Part in Fresno (not the Pick N Pull) as of 1 1/2 weeks ago there was an 80 or 81 720 in the import truck section.

It had an uncracked dash in the same color and condition as the one in bananahamucks picture above.

It also had a stock Hitachi AM/ FM radio,

Don't know what their vehicle turnover is, it may still be up there.

I was halfway home before I figured out I probably shoulda grabbed it.

Duh....

Hey filthy I came across that one you mentioned.. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Molded-Dash-Cover-Top-Pad-Cap-FOR-80-86-NISSAN-DATSUN-PICKUP-TRUCK-720-/330807112899?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3A720&hash=item4d05a3f4c3&vxp=mtr

Anybody seen one of these installed..? They don't have a very good picture in the listing.. No, they have a crappy picture.

Pretty much nothing.  An original clean dash will just crack as soon as you put it in the sun for a while.

I have a perfect dash in my garage, but I know it'll crack within a year if I sell or use it.  The vinyl is just old and dry, no matter what you do.

BTW, I tied one of the ebay dash molds.  Looks great for about a year, but they distort and crack very quickly.  I put the carpet back on my dash and called it a day.