(620) what battery you runnin?

Dawa

hello this is a dumb stupid question but id like to know what battery everyone is running. 

im less concerned with brand/etc i just wanna know the specs. 

what CCA and all that silly shit. 

also please include any changes/upgrades to your electrical system, and if youre running 

anything that puts a higher demand on your system. 

and pics if youre runnin a relocated battery.

and what was the stock specs for our battery back in the day. 

myself im running stock lights, head unit, 2 speakers, 50amp alt (but the stock one did fine.)

im wondering what the minimum size/rate battery you can get by with on a DD. 

sure more power is always good but im jus curious

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably have the oddest battery.  A size 52, only two cars ever used that size.  The Datsun RL411 to clear the alternator on the type R motor's right side, and the 1964 [only] Corvair since the 1964 moved the spare tire out of the front trunk into the engine compartment creating a big fitment problem.  They also had to revise the heat shield routing to prevent total middle cylinder meltdown due the air flow obstruction following this relocation [i loved my 64 Corvair!].  There might have been some late Nissan pickups using this size but I never saw one personally.  Peerless Auto Parts in Lawndale CA stocks this size for some unknown but much appreciated reason on my part.  Last week I saw that the new battery displays in the Sears Del Amo Torrance mall had a size 52 display battery.  I am almost tempted to buy one for future hoarding purposes before they realize what they have done to their sales profile and $$$$ can all in stock.  Or maybe I should wait until they decide to dump them and buy the whole warehouse full?

Edited by MikeRL411

If in good tune you could probably get by with a motorcycle battery.  It's a good question that I can't find an answer for in the FSMs. If running a high compression motor, one that is old and requires more turns to get going or if you don't store your Datsun and need to drive it in cold weather...  more battery would be advisable.

• Like 1

I run an Odyssey PC680 in my civic, but if I had alot of accessories I would run a PC925, the PC680 is also going through 8 feet of zero guage, and my civic is a 2.4 liter, not some 1.6. For the record, the pc680 works perfectly fine in my maxima too, but because I am running more accessories in the maxima, I will probably run a PC925 when I get the change.

Optima D35 Yellow top.

Rated to around 900CA and 700ish CCA, but load tested at 50 degrees and made 975. Never had an issue.

I saw a 210 wagon with a KA at Import Alliance last year that had a lawn mower battery in it.