510 door hinges

Hey guys looking for some info I can't find a clear answer for while searching the interwebz.

My 69 2 door 510 is in need of some lower hinges. Pieces are missing and so are the springs. Are the LH and RH lower hinges interchangeable? I saw an eBay ad for some dude in Australia that said so. I think I have found one side new, the other side is NLA. They do look different to me, but what do I know LOL.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I found that info and will be doing that repair to the upper hinges.

I am missing parts from the lowers so was looking for replacements. I may just run without the springs etc on the lowers for now.

Thanks

The springs for all the hinges are the same as far as I could tell, and I used the arms from a passenger hinge to fix my drivers side. The main problem for me was the pins for the arms were sheared off, so I used hinge pins for a typical house door from Home Depot. The heads are almost exactly the same size and the shaft is a little larger in diameter. I used a grinder to turn down the pin to the right size, cut the length to fit, and pressed em in with a vice. Had to rebuild all the hinges on my goon this way and they work great.  :ninja: