It's time

datzenmike

Well I've owned a '78 620 now for about 18-19 years but for the last 4 or so haven't really driven it or been to interested in it. Just burned out. It's hauled a min of 3 cords of wood each of those years.... one year was 6. It was stolen and rolled and I got another pre '75 kc for it. Welded up the frame. 4" body lift and 10.5x 31s. By now, about 5 years in, I could see that there were limits so I got an '82 2wd long bed 720 that had been 'softly' rolled and the frame was excellent. I stripped it of everything and welded in a trans case springs over the axle tubes, cut out the torsion bars and put a Toyota 4x4 front axle in. I hung everything on two pair of Ford F-150 rear leaf springs. Tore ou tthe '78 wiring and installed 720 harnesses, 720 4x4 dash, steering column, heater and fan, relocated the wiper out under the cowl, K car 90 amp alt, 200sx rad, power steering from a zx, D21 Z24 and S110 200sx 5 speed. 12.5x33s. Eventually the only original things were the tail lights.

It's been across Canada and back at least 8 times and has been a lot of fun but like I said I don't do anything with it, I don't even have a thread about it. So it has to go and that last thing holding it is that I want to keep the Z24 and the 5 speed. That is now removed this afternoon.

620engineout002Large.jpg

Hopefully Grahem will take it away. Maybe he can use some of the huge pile of 620 specific parts I have or maybe even breath new life into her. You never know.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic