F10 Clutch problems

Scq4247

Here is a snap of the F10 clutch illustration from the FSM:

9122952436_16d5c4874d_b.jpg

I made the pic kinda big so the text is easier to read. Part #8, what they call "Withdrawal lever" is pushed on by the clutch slave cylinder mounted on the outside of the bellhousing.

Scq4247 - Great to know you have the problem sorted out and can get back to amazing people with the F10 driving by. It might be wise to check the freeplay after the car is warmed up really well, maybe even on a hot day (if we ever get one of those here in E WA). I don't know if the freeplay will change with temp, but worth checking.

The more I think about it, the more I think the 310 at P&S is an auto tranny. I'll check next weekend if it hasn't been crushed. If it is a manual, I may grab the clutch parts for spares for my F10. Ease of clutch changing is supposed to be a feature of F10s.

Len

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one apart in the late 70s. It's possible to work on without removing the motor or trans. If I knew I was going to have to remember 40 years later.... Pretty sure it was a Datsun unless there is another car like that.

I had one apart in the late 70s. It's possible to work on without removing the motor or trans. If I knew I was going to have to remember 40 years later.... Pretty sure it was a Datsun unless there is another car like that.

Yeah, when I got my F10 and was reading up them, guys talked about doing curbside clutch changes. I've driven mine enough to know the clutch does work, but maybe when I get to driving it more I'll find I need a new clutch. Then I can experience changing the weird clutch myself. Something to dream about.

Len

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed on that diagram it doesn't show that big ass gear that's in that assembly

I noticed that too when I studied the drawing and was surprised. Either Nissan manual writers thought the mechanic would figure out the gear needs to be removed, or who ever did the drawing just forgot the gear. I'm a huge believer in factory shop manuals, but I don't think they are error free. I met a guy at the Spokane swap meet (which happens to be this weekend at the fairgrounds. Always fun although thin on foreign car parts) a couple of years ago who said he worked in California as a tech manual writer for Nissan. He didn't translate from Japanese, he just checked on how understandable the manuals were.

Len

• 3 months later...

I will just leave this unfinished bit of my art here...

1977F10mid.jpg

the guy im getting my f10 totally had this pic on the add and its what i'm going to be basing my build idea off! lol 

sorry to thread jack!

but  as i don't have the car yet at this second, i was wondering if anyone with an f10 could get some pictures of how the rear suspension is setup on the cars, as i cannot find pictures of it anywhere :/ 

• Like 1

the guy im getting my f10 totally had this pic on the add and its what i'm going to be basing my build idea off! lol 

sorry to thread jack!

but  as i don't have the car yet at this second, i was wondering if anyone with an f10 could get some pictures of how the rear suspension is setup on the cars, as i cannot find pictures of it anywhere :/

I seen that add a friend of mine said not to go for it I was really thinking of getting it but by the time I have the money I'm sure it would of been sold.