clutch alignment

tnip

71 521 L16 stock 4 spd

i'm about to pull the L16 and replace it with... dun dun duunnnn a different L16. if the clutch and all looks good i would like to reuse it to save money. the "new" L16 came out of an auto car so i will have to swap the flexplate for the the flywheel and would like to reuse the clutch and pressure plate and all that. i do not have an alignment tool. is it possible for me to do this without one ? or do i need to get an alignment tool ? or is there an alternative that i can make or macguyver ? 

thanks for any info

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree man just buy a new clutch i understand wanting to save money but a new clutch is cheap insurance your not gonna want to drop the tranny later down the line because the clutch died when you can just replace it now and be done

if the clutch is coming out then you need a new clutch, unless you just did it in the last 10000 miles(in which case you should have saved the clutch tool!!!, lesson learned be that the case). Thats not really an opinion that is just the plain old correct way to do it, if you dont you will likely kick your self in a short period of time, and i know theres nothing i hate more than having to pull a tranny back out.

short answer, yes you need an alignment tool, my guess is that autozone would possibly have them.