Need some Datsun specs 101

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2600 lbs???? BS Cha Cha, Ask.com, What do they know?

Wagons are between 2,072 and 2,138 pounds depending on options and years. 2,600 pounds with a couple of fat chicks in the back.... maybe.

• Like 2

Bucket load of info from Google.

This one shows a curb weight of 2127lbs which is in the range DM quoted and is about average for the various weight ranges.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1968/134255/datsun_1600_station_wagon.html

From my experience, fat chicks tend to swallow more if you know what I mean :)

This one shows a curb weight of 2127lbs which is in the range DM quoted and is about average for the various weight ranges.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1968/134255/datsun_1600_station_wagon.html

I would imagine the wagon would be heavier... If I remember correctly, my 4dr. is around that weight. I would think the larger wagon with a solid rear-axel would add more weight. 

I would imagine the wagon would be heavier... If I remember correctly, my 4dr. is around that weight. I would think the larger wagon with a solid rear-axel would add more weight. 

At work ATM.

Ill go through my collection of Datsun books when I get home in about 8 hours and see what they have to say. 

Having now done a Lbs to Kg conversion, it does seem a bit on the light side I agree.

Not much luck from the two Aussie Datsun tech manuals I can find so far.

This one.....

65c9573dc6010609f1868dcf50d75cfe_zps22bc

Despite referring to the wagon in some parts has no weight specs for the goon. Shows the sedan weight as.....

4867978d296b651f94d65f86e5e04d94_zps7aeb

And I found a link to a fairly ordinary .pdf copy of this manual here......

http://www.datsun510.com/manuals/Workshop_Manual_Datsun_510_1300-1600_L13-16_Sedan_SSS_Station_Wagon.pdf

This is the other Aussie tech manual I can locate at the moment.....

da87bbd4b43c2f35639eefa4e7dc8641_zps69e9

Unfortunately, despite having a bit more tech stuff on the Goons than the other manual, no info on the weight for the sedan or goon.

I would only consider the factory manuals for that. Chilton and Haynes just parrot numbers referenced elsewhere. Sedans are roughly 2,000 - 2,100 and goons about 100 lbs more. Unless paying for repairs by the pound this is close enough.