Towing a NON-rolling shell?

I'm trying to see if I can make it out next weekend but I'm not 100% as of right now. I'll be buying the supplies during the week, once I do that I'll let you guys know when I'll be heading out for sure. Thanks for the willingness to help a guy out!  :thumbup:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if its a non rolling, no suspension, no engine, no trans, no interior and is just a shell with windows, one person can lift the front.  I weigh 150lbs on a good day and I lifted the front end of the 240sx by myself with the rear propped on jack stands.  We backed the trailer under it, used a chain hooked to the front to pull it with another truck and used the cherry picker in the back to take some of the weight off of the ass end whilst pulling it onto the trailer.  Even after scrapping it at the yard with 4 transmissions and a bunch of other odds n ends metal it only weighed 1710.  Just food for thought!!  Good luck!

If it's next weekend i'm 100% sure after 6pm (weekend duty), 50% sure 8am-6pm on the chance i wont be called in to work.

If I do manage to go next weekend I'd be leaving very early in the morning so I can get there and back the same day. 

if its a non rolling, no suspension, no engine, no trans, no interior and is just a shell with windows, one person can lift the front.  I weigh 150lbs on a good day and I lifted the front end of the 240sx by myself with the rear propped on jack stands.  We backed the trailer under it, used a chain hooked to the front to pull it with another truck and used the cherry picker in the back to take some of the weight off of the ass end whilst pulling it onto the trailer.  Even after scrapping it at the yard with 4 transmissions and a bunch of other odds n ends metal it only weighed 1710.  Just food for thought!!  Good luck!

I'm assuming you had a flat bed? I'm probably going to have a hell of a time loading it up on a ramp style trailer.. lol

If I do manage to go next weekend I'd be leaving very early in the morning so I can get there and back the same day. 

I'm assuming you had a flat bed? I'm probably going to have a hell of a time loading it up on a ramp style trailer.. lol

oooooooh......yeah...LOL you may have a "slight" issue there hahaha.  A Come a long will be your best friend.  Or better yet if you can get a winch on that trailer it would be even better.

Sorry about that, I had no way of contacting anyone since my phone doesn't have internet.  :console:  I got home yesterday afternoon actually. But again, thank you everyone who was willing to lend a hand to a stranger. You guys are something else..  :thumbup: