1971 510 4 door build

Well I'm back from school for the summer and now its time to work on my dimes.

I have 3 datsun 510 4 doors.  two runners and one parts car.

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

The gray one ran the best of the start so i figured id start with it.  So i started with my $12 paint job.

IMG_5769.jpg

previous owner painted over all the chrome, real shame. I took the rear body accents off my parts car, managed to save the trim around the tail lights. grill and head lights were very strait but the chrome was in bad shape after i stripped the paint so it got a shot of black as well

IMG_0820.jpg

I left the hood and trunk green just to see what it looked like.

IMG_0838.jpg

But it didn't look very good at all. so i painted the trunk black and then put the rising sun on the hood.  just for fun, probably will just paint it black.

IMG_6552.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the lovely dimes! Just an FYI, I hate you for having 3 4dr 510s when I couldn't find a single 4dr down here. But who really cares anyway right? :P

All I can really say is we need more pics. How are the interiors and enine bays? Any major plans for the group?

Hey man if the orange one is your parts car and it is the original burnt orange,, i would really love to buy the front drivers side door and maybe the fender , at full price ,, i would also be willing to give you a super straight  fender and door in trade only they are mis-matched in color so you still have the parts if you need them... Not the ones on the lizard mobile ( if you have ever seen that)  the ones we would trade you are way straighter..

I'm in Olympia WA

And  Very ,, very,, very ,,serious

Hey man if the orange one is your parts car and it is the original burnt orange,, i would really love to buy the front drivers side door and maybe the fender , at full price ,, i would also be willing to give you a super straight  fender and door in trade only they are mis-matched in color so you still have the parts if you need them... Not the ones on the lizard mobile ( if you have ever seen that)  the ones we would trade you are way straighter..

I'm in Olympia WA

And  Very ,, very,, very ,,serious

I would love to help you out bro, but I'm not gonna sell anything until i have both my runners in daily condition.  Just as security purposes ya know? but after that i would be more than happy to sell/swap some stuff.  I see ur in washington as well, maybe we can end up helping each other out with parts and stuff later down the line.  I will need a front lip and some other random parts, and lots of suspension help.

I'm hoping that my dad will want one of my cars and that way me and him can cruise together to meets and what not, another reason why I'm not selling yet.  but i should have both of them in daily condition before the summer is over and then i will begin to get rid of the stuff i don't need.

Getting your dad to roll with you would be a really cool thing,, that way you always have a back-up and you can carry more tools and such  without loading one car down.. I enjoy the heck outta rolling with my son and his car.

Rick-rat on here usually does a Mt. Rainer cruise about the beginning of Sept ,  it`s pretty mellow drive but real twisty roads,, if you see it come up in events you should try and make it.. and it automatically guarantees you a built in Datsun break down/ tow  crew if that was to happen.

B)

• 4 months later...

so ill post some more pics soon, but recently i was having a problem with the battery overcharging. The owner that had it before me had changed it into an electronic ignition but did not change the coil.  So i looked what what distributor i had and found it was off a later nissan truck, went to autozone and bought a new coil.  I put that together and it was still overcharging pretty bad, so i ordered a new voltage regulator, put that on and now it runs pretty good.

Gonna see if i can find some coil overs soon, and probably rebuild my carburetor.

Also any one dealt with these guys before? http://www.ermish-racing.com

• 9 years later...

At a car show. We have 2 1200 coupes, a green one (Manure thread), and a grey one (Kelmo's coupe). We had both of them at the show and a guy was convinced that the green one used to be his. From his description I had some serious doubts but did not voice them. He said he had a spoiler for the car that he would give me. I told him "No way it goes on the green car", and he still wanted to give it to me. So, there is that short story.

Someone suggested it was from a Renault (Datsunfreak maybe) and there are pictures in the Kelmo's coupe thread. Yes, I am too lazy to go looking for the link.