---- Copper 280zx turbo ----

I'm BLUE

Thank you for the tip darrel. I actually didn't on this one at all. I'll try that method on the next one ! :cool:  I haven't been thinking straight lately. Luckily I was able to get the (4) bolts that were holding it all together out , without much fuss. The (2) I'm drilling out/extracting were already busted off :-/ ...  I just tightened the others a touch/loosened a touch/tighetened a touch/loosened then they came out without much fuss lol. Works "good" with stubborn brake lines as well. I was going to just use heat and pull them out , but didn't have time/impatient (but careful). I wasn't sure heat would help me in this case either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^ So at this point after the pictures to do list

---------------TASK LIST-----------------------------

*Finish cleaning head-gasket sealing surfaces.

*Clean timing cover

*Clean out oil pan

*Clean out pickup

*Check/cleanout block breather

*Finish rebuilding the turbo.

*Put it all back together.

----------------------------------------------------------

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The engine should be together on the stand (I think). Days spent at my job (current months at least) have cut away the majority of my free-time. The turbo still needs to be re-assembled , but I've been looking at CHRA's to pop on then go as well ! The decision to buy one of those CHRA's is relating to my "free time" mostly. Been tinkering on it a piece at a time. I've been itching to shift the T5 again.... I like it ... I know a few folks simply don't prefer it which is cool too.

The engine should be together on the stand (I think). Days spent at my job (current months at least) have cut away the majority of my free-time. The turbo still needs to be re-assembled , but I've been looking at CHRA's to pop on then go as well ! The decision to buy one of those CHRA's is relating to my "free time" mostly. Been tinkering on it a piece at a time. I've been itching to shift the T5 again.... I like it ... I know a few folks simply don't prefer it which is cool too.

Good to know your slowly getting to it to me it's money that's keeping from my cars but I'm waiting hear back from the construction job so I hope they call soon need to start making money again!

• 1 month later...

---- Making Space for the Copper zxt ----

Had to have the shell hauled off for free yesterday... was a bit tricky with the car :-/

(good responding tow truck driver too)

At any rate....

1371824030_zps6ee09ad7.jpg

1371824051_zps076b4943.jpg

1371824121_zps7eed3d04.jpg

1371824087_zpsfcec3abd.jpg

buh bye... :(

silly thieves... lookup the plate all you want.. car was never in my name ... muahahaha

(more pictures coming when I can get my phone to upload ... doh !!! )

That makes me sad. I have been looking for a solid S110 hatch for several years. Doesn't look like that was it but it's nicer than most of the  stuff I see. I love the Z though :)

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...