• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He tried pulling it out of the car and fucked it up.

Seriously, quit making new threads and just bump your old one dude.  Go make some posts in other threads till you hit 25 posts... Then you can put up a wanted ad...

It was probably stuck in there pretty bad.

What I did was leave it bolted in the car, hit it with some WD40 (ran out of pb blaster).  Then used a tire iron to shove in between the nubs and push them apart and out of the adjuster. Then I cleaned the holes out, cleaned the nubs, put some grease on them, and put them back into place. they work like they should now and I can actually adjust my brakes!

A few years ago i bought a couple, one NOS looking one for 40 bucks and another one for about 4 bucks off Rock auto,,  they were probably the last new ones ever,,  gotta take care of that antique shit, they don`t exist in real life no more ..

I've got a couple adjusters from a '71 left over after I swapped to discs.  The square adjustment bolts on the outside of the backing plate look somewhat rounded off, but you might be able to get them to work?  Everything else looks great, just a little dirty.  Shoot me a PM with an offer if interested.  I can get oiks this weekend.

Before I get flamed by everyone for caving in to mark510wagon's multi-thread technique, I figured this was the only way to stop the juggernaut!  :ninja:

make him send you a pic first.

Haha!  Although I'm a little afraid of requesting a pic in a private message... if you know what I mean.  I don't need to risk my eyes being burnt by whatever image is sent.  Maybe I'll just make him post a picture of his car on here as part of the deal.

I've got a couple adjusters from a '71 left over after I swapped to discs.  The square adjustment bolts on the outside of the backing plate look somewhat rounded off, but you might be able to get them to work?  Everything else looks great, just a little dirty.  Shoot me a PM with an offer if interested.  I can get oiks this weekend.

Before I get flamed by everyone for caving in to mark510wagon's multi-thread technique, I figured this was the only way to stop the juggernaut!  :ninja:

Use a quarter inch socket upside down on the square shank and torque with a quarter inch Allen wrench!  Has worked for the part 45 years.

It`s good Silky_ kept the old ones even though he would never be using them...........  Or,,,,,  is the real explaination that he came from the future, where they have been at war for years in order to sercure the very last brake adjuster and knows when it starts, so in turn sells them to the needy in order to prolong the peace long enough for his own future ..

Or maybe,,,,,,,,,,,,, the truth is just to incredulous to believe .......

giorgio_tsoukalos_aliens_zpsbbf5f1ab.png

• Like 1

It`s good Silky_ kept the old ones even though he would never be using them...........  Or,,,,,  is the real explaination that he came from the future, where they have been at war for years in order to sercure the very last brake adjuster and knows when it starts, so in turn sells them to the needy in order to prolong the peace long enough for his own future ..

Or maybe,,,,,,,,,,,,, the truth is just to incredulous to believe .......

giorgio_tsoukalos_aliens_zpsbbf5f1ab.png

Ha!  I am from the future.  What really happened (or will happen, depending on your non-future perspective) is I knew when the war was going to start for the last brake adjusters, and rather than prolonging peace, I profiteered from the great demand and made hundreds of thousands of dollars by selling the last adjusters.  From that money, I secured endless amounts of cheap disc brake brackets for any Datsun goon application, for use with any desired caliper, complete with bolt-on E-brake hardware.  Thus I alone restored world peace by eliminating goon drums altogether.

This will all happen in the year 2017 when mark510wagon becomes filthy rich and finally figures out how to post oiks in this thread.

Seriously though dude - this is what happens to a thread when the OP has never posted pics.  ***Threadjacking***

• Like 1

sooooo Silky, if you ARE a time traveler could you help me unnerstan time dilation? Do you age more slowly than we do or do we age more quickly than you do?

as far a threadjacking goes, I feel more justified because the same thing was posted six times by the OP! If it was his first and only on the subject it would have been politely read and answered, if I had the answer.