Radiators for 620

Janksun

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Champion Radiators but I dont see 620s listed. its a shame theres still lots of 620s on the road.

http://www.championradiators.com/Datsun-Nissan-radiators

try datsunpartsllc

and the champion motor that says itll fit a 73 620 DOESNT (fit a 73 620.) its purely a 510 rad, wider, but shorter.

i know that as the years went by datsun increased the rad size of the 620s because they were increasing engine size,

and in doing so they changed the radiator support too.

youre pretty much gonna have to find something of similar dimensions and make it work. believe me, ive looked.

koyo said they might do it but they havent yet.

I thought you did some of that already :sneaky:

Do you has a compressor?  Flushing can be a bitch. I hook ziptie the garden hose open sometimes and stick it in the rad cap hole. remove rad hose or petcock, fire up the engine and let it run for a bit... keeping an eye on the temp gauge.  Sometimes remove one of the rad hoses, remove the petcock and blow thru that shit with the compressor.  sometimes it yields removing gunk, other times I just get soaking wet.

Did you replace the rad that came with the truck???  probably free to have the current rad pressure tested, and cleaned. I paid like 80 bucks to have the B done. He flushed it, fixed a pin hole, then lined it with some shit only rad shops can get. Hasn't leaked since and stays really effing cool. Takes a while to warm up now too. 

I did do most off that already lolz. James gave me a supposedly brand new water pump and fan clutch, and I replaced the tstat the radiator in it now is a used one I picked up, the old one wasn't repairable. I don't have a compressor but my work does, I could do it there.

I would have run it w/o a stat on a cooler day just to see if anything changes then try drilling a small hole in the stat as a better air bleed bypass and see what that does.

try a 54 mm size 160deg I know they dont list it in the book but try a gereric 54mm stat

lower hose isnt collapseing under load (rev the motor up)

water pums dont need to move alot of water as most time the stat is pretty much barely open