project off road 510 racer

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

using nissan s13 hubs brakes etc s13 sr20det and 5 speed box , for now the stock 510 rear arms modified for strength , till i build cromolly rear arms nissan 720 4x4 pick up front diff in the rear 5.1 ratio locked and 8 long travel shocks all up

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, this looks really fun. Never been wheelin or off roading (unless sliding corners on dirt roads in a toyota tercel counts...) Look forward to seeing some videos since I'm too much of a pansy to turn my datsuns into off road vehicles :P

You've already got the Trophy Truck style roll cage, you should just go all the way and do their style of suspension too. With the engine further back, you can make your own A-arms up front, and put the pivots near the frame centerline. Then ditch the stock 510 trailing arms, and make something with more travel.

• Like 1

You've already got the Trophy Truck style roll cage, you should just go all the way and do their style of suspension too. With the engine further back, you can make your own A-arms up front, and put the pivots near the frame centerline. Then ditch the stock 510 trailing arms, and make something with more travel.

that's my plan for next season molly arm front , and buggy style rear arms long travel ,

but I have another 510 off road racer that is a trophy truck chassis/frame 4 link rear arms , VQ35 3.5lt Nissan v6 6 speed box

with a full fibreglass 510 coupe body on it :)

build pics on this one will be coming soon :)