720 headlight/wiper switch assembly ?

DREWSDIME

Draker,

Your thread is very helpful.  I'll buy your variable wiper switch assembly.

It looks like you were able to install amp without removing the cluster.  I just had my cluster in and out about 7 or 8 times (I lost track) working on tach install.  It turned out the tach was not working; the truck electrical systems were fine.

I left PM for you to confirm all this.

good job on the oiks!

musicman

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 4x4 '720 dash, 720 2wd steering column, 720 wiring harness in my 620. I found the variable wiper switch and added it on. Changed the amplifier and added the wires for the variable resistor in the stem.

• 9 months later...

I hate to rehash an old topic, but I did finally find and BUY one for mine a couple of months ago. I didn't want to chance a junkyard part not working or about to go bad. Didn't want to do any splicing of wires either for a newer model version either, as mine had the single (slow) speed of intermittent already. Paid $120 for a brand new one from AutoZone. WITH intermittent wipers. No luck searching up 1980, but did find one for 1981. Works great!

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Turn-Signal-Switch/1981-Nissan-Datsun-720-Truck-2WD/_/N-ill3eZ9cinv?itemIdentifier=293075_0_0_

Nice!

Glad to hear it. I love the intermittent wipers. Cheap and easy mod.. although some steering columns are a bit smaller and require a little more work swapping parts. Musicman did it and it worked great!