Best quotes from grandparents

We all have them, especially the ones who lived through the depression, ww2, etc.

My brothers and I were waiting in the car with grandma waiting for grandpa to get off work at the GE plant in ft wayne. Older brother was fidgety, wanting to get out of the car. He came up with excuse after excuse why he wanted out. His final excuse, he had to spit. Her answer,

Swallow it!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to my grandmothers in Missouri. I got there from the airport at about 830 so it was just dusk. I walk In an granny has a double barrel shotgun on the table . I look at her thinking wtf and ask " whatcha got goin granny?" And her response is "damn coons be getting in my corn again, there ain't gonna be a 3rd time" hahahahhaha hahha funniest thing and craziest ever. Loved her to pieces

Went to my grandmothers in Missouri. I got there from the airport at about 830 so it was just dusk. I walk In an granny has a double barrel shotgun on the table . I look at her thinking wtf and ask " whatcha got goin granny?" And her response is "damn coons be getting in my corn again, there ain't gonna be a 3rd time" hahahahhaha hahha funniest thing and craziest ever. Loved her to pieces

double barrel shotgun, just reminded me of Ruth Gordon. She was in Every which way but loose and any which way you can with Clint Eastwood. Only she could have played that role.

• Like 2

grandparents on Dad's side, she would always be calling grandpa "dummkopf". Yeah old germans.

My thread starter came from my mom's parents.

When we were back there for their 65th anniversary we rented a limo and it was going to be a surprise, but grandpa wanted to know what was going on and he was getting upset. He was about 90. My sis took him aside and asked if grandma had ever ridden in a limo. He thought about it and then said, no she has never rode a llama. 

Grandparents, never take them for granted.

I have a thousand smartass quips that i spout off from time to time that are not advice from grandparents and are probably not appropriate for this thread. My wife says I need to write a book. One of the ones I like the most is - you'd be surprised at how much you can hear when you keep your mouth shut.

• Like 1

My cousin was walking around with a limp from some injury which my Grandpa didnt know about and he yelled out in front of all our family "Jason your walking like you shit in your britches". 90 year old man calling out a dummy made me laugh for days.