ROTTEN RED

Check your ground by the VR, also slide the fuses back and fourth. your driver headlight might brighten up a bit.

Was moving the fuses around a little and one of the caps fell off a headlight fuse. lololololol Replaced those fuses and now I have full power headlights. I think my dimmer switch is broken though, so no hi-beams. Only lights left are the running lights and the high beams, however that's gonna work out. Wooooooooo. After that it's cruisin time.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool man.  Glad to see lights working mostly. It could be your headlight relay! Leave the car off, turn the lights on, and switch back and forth... see if you hear that relay clicking under the hood. 

Absolutely no clicking. The tab on the dimmer switch is bent out of shape though, so I suspect that being part of the issue. Just gonna source a new switch I think. There are a few parts on it that are bent or busted, so a fresh one will be good to have on there if I can find it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I ended up not taking it to Canby, I have too much fun in my 210, and I got a 5 speed for it, so I opted to take it instead. Got a fuse box from the keeper, threw it on when I got home and all the lights started working... So now it runs, all the lights work, and as of today, it's acceptably MOAR LOAR.

FTL_5780.JPG

FTL_5782.JPG

FTL_5791.JPG

Lat night and today we flipped a leaf in the rear, and lowered the perches on the struts in the front. I think one of the caliper bracket bolt holes stripped out though. :sneaky: So I've gotta fix that before I go anywhere with it.

• Like 1

Can't sit still. Always gotta be working on something.

Ziptied a 210 datsun emblem on, because datsun.

FTL_5994_zpsa88506f8.jpg

There's some heavy bondo to be addressed later on, but for now I'm taking off the thin bondo in different places that cover some surface rust, and scrubbing the primer off that's covering up the nice original paint in some places.

FTL_5993_zpsea0d2bf3.jpg

FTL_5992_zps3c4fb60f.jpg

Rocker is toast under that bondo.

FTL_5990_zps0fc7d241.jpg

Got some goof off to scrub some of the primer off. This was solid grey before.

FTL_5989_zps13d71578.jpg

FTL_6000_zps36e2cc5c.jpg

Can't wait until I have some cash to register it and actually daily it...

So, I let the car sit for a few days without starting it and now it won't start. It turns over, but nothing fires in the engine. After I turn the key off it backfires like hell and then smokes. First time it happened I had to look under the car to make sure the muffler was still there.

Thinking ignition issues. It's too rainy to check much though. I'll figure it out later.

double check that you got spark while the key is in the start position.  my 521 didn't So it would only start right when I let off the starter :lol:

I had this issue when I first got it, but it ended up just being a funky ignition switch (still funky, I just know how to work it). I can't get it to fire even if I hotwire the coil now...