Will an SE-R 2.0 fit in a 620 Datsun?

I am looking into buying a 1991 Nissan Sentra that comes with the SE-R 2.0 engine except its mounted for front wheel drive. Would this be an issue? or would could i mount it for a rear wheel drive? also so what tranny would i need to find? Please some feed back would be much apprieciated.  

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't listen to these guys.  It'll work perfectly.  Go get that sentra, yard the motor out and shove it in the 620.  you can use the transmission out of a mid 80s turbo coupe thunderbird.  Just weld the trans right to the SR block.  Now, you'll have some obstacles. Such as the distributor in the back of the motor. That won't cut it. Just pull it out, fill the hole with some red RTV like you were building a chevy. Drill a hole in your block somewhere in the front (anywhere you want it) and pop the distributor there.

Couple wires, couple beers & good to go.  Now you have just created a truck cheaper for someone to snag and possibly raised the value of the ones actually left and on the road out there.

Trolol JK, Listen to those guys

• Like 2

Don't listen to these guys.  It'll work perfectly.  Go get that sentra, yard the motor out and shove it in the 620.  you can use the transmission out of a mid 80s turbo coupe thunderbird.  Just weld the trans right to the SR block.  Now, you'll have some obstacles. Such as the distributor in the back of the motor. That won't cut it. Just pull it out, fill the hole with some red RTV like you were building a chevy. Drill a hole in your block somewhere in the front (anywhere you want it) and pop the distributor there.

Couple wires, couple beers & good to go.  Now you have just created a truck cheaper for someone to snag and possibly raised the value of the ones actually left and on the road out there.

Trolol JK, Listen to those guys

You forgot to mention he'd need to rivet new diffusers to his rotator splint so he can get +10 VTechs.

If you even read the title, you should know there is never any hope for this question...

Hello, Tristin, Ratwagon here you dork :)

I was more hoping for some quality trolling like Izzo posted.

Good thing I was (moderately) sober when I first read this thread.

Geez, the fun I could have had :)

Any motor will fit in any Datsun, period.  And yes you can make a fwd SR20 fit, it's just a lot of extra effort for not a lot of gain.  If you have to ask, you don't want to attempt it.  My Datsun guru's chumpcar Datsun roadster had a fwd SR20 in it.  It probably has less engine space than a 620.