worth it?

datsuntrucker

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well motor sitting in bed,i would say good parts truck.How much time and money do you want to put in something that lets say you get it for 800.00 plus going and coming back puts you back at 1000.00.Plus what ever the hell it needs to get back road worthy.Lets go back a step and is the truck registered non-op or are the tags back on it.Spend the money and get one at least running already for a little more money.

• Like 1

Well motor sitting in bed,i would say good parts truck.How much time and money do you want to put in something that lets say you get it for 800.00 plus going and coming back puts you back at 1000.00.Plus what ever the hell it needs to get back road worthy.Lets go

back a step and is the truck registered non-op or are the tags back on it.Spend the money and get one at least

running already for a little more money.

Yeah that's true a lot of things I didn't think about like if its registered non-op or if they owe back fees to the dmv I would rather spend a little more money for one running already well back to searching on craigslist thanks big tanker

$500 parts truck more likely, but it could be really straight so it's hard to say (besides the front end whose valance/etc is pretty hammered).

yeah if i could get it for 500 bucks i wouldnt mind making the trip and yeah the front looks like it has a tow hitch. hey matt just noticed your location in santa barbara l live in oxnard not that far from you do you know anyone selling a 521 overthere?

3L83M93I35N25L45Fdd425829d17456f616a9.jp

i have a 1972 datsun pickup truck
short bed
motor is sitting in bed of truck
have pink slip in hand
asking $1,000
call or text (559)903-5688
please no emails

Let's be honest and clinical. This is not running but even assuming all the parts are here how will you evaluate the...

Motor... start, restart, burn oil, leak water?

Transmission.... noise, shift ok, clutch ok, U joints, differential noise?

Suspension.... king pins worn out, broken springs/shocks?

Steering.... ball joints worn, camber/toe problems, steering box?

Electrical.... charging system work?

Well you can't, and it will take some work just to find out. A non runner is basically scrap price or what ever parts on it that are obviously good to sell. It may run, it may not but it's a $1,000 lottery ticket to find out.

3L83M93I35N25L45Fdd425829d17456f616a9.jp

i have a 1972 datsun pickup truck

short bed

motor is sitting in bed of truck

have pink slip in hand

asking $1,000

call or text (559)903-5688

please no emails

Let's be honest and clinical. This is not running but even assuming all the parts are here how will you evaluate the...

Motor... start, restart, burn oil, leak water?

Transmission.... noise, shift ok, clutch ok, U joints, differential noise?

Suspension.... king pins worn out, broken springs/shocks?

Steering.... ball joints worn, camber/toe problems, steering box?

Electrical.... charging system work?

Well you can't, and it will take some work just to find out. A non runner is basically scrap price or what ever parts on it that are obviously good to sell. It may run, it may not but it's a $1,000 lottery ticket to find out.

yeah it pretty much is a 1,000 dollar lottery ticket and im not feeling lucky i also saw this 620 in kingsburg that i really like what do you guys think?

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/3747952654.html