Granny's Goon 1968 510

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have the uber rare locking gas cap that came with this car but the guy before me couldn't get it to unlock it so he broke it to remove it. All that is broke is the two spring loaded tabs that retract when the key is turned. Nissan didn't make a rebuild kit for these did they? I think I'm going to need to hit the junk yard to try to find a similar cap that I can scavenge parts off of to get this one working.

photo_zps3acc2479.jpg

I would really like to have some words with the "professional" auto body guys that did this work.

URL=http://s894.photobucket.com/user/hobbes_the_cat/media/photo_zps6f0a1cb9.jpg.html]photo_zps6f0a1cb9.jpg[/url].

URL=http://s894.photobucket.com/user/hobbes_the_cat/media/photo_zps3a57e2d8.jpg.html]photo_zps3a57e2d8.jpg[/url]

Thats awesome! it looks like my handy work. Lulzzzz :)

So I needed to take the drivers door panel off to try and smooth out the damage a little. I turns out that the hacks that destroyed the door with a slide hammer and bondo also lost the clip that holds the window crank hande on. So what did they do? Use epoxy to glue it on!!! I tried using heat and shocking it with hammer strikes but it wouldn't budge. I didn't want to mess up the regulator so I had to use a chisel. :(. So... I need a 68 window crank.

photo_zpsd6c57926.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Messed around with the motor a little today. It was pretty low on power so I pulled the plugs and they were wasted so I put in a new set and boy what a difference! It still had a lot of rocker arm clatter tho so I pulled the cover and checked valve clearance. The first 4 were right on which surprised me until I noticed this:

photo_zpsa2190778.jpg

Messed around with the motor a little today. It was pretty low on power so I pulled the plugs and they were wasted so I put in a new set and boy what a difference! It still had a lot of rocker arm clatter tho so I pulled the cover and checked valve clearance. The first 4 were right on which surprised me until I noticed this:

photo_zpsa2190778.jpg

WOW Terrible. No Wonder you had some power loss. how bad is the damage and where did it fall off from? Intake? exhaust?