Granny's Goon 1968 510

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So all the door hinges were messed up on this thing. The main part of the hinges are tight but the spring loaded arms that hold the door open were either broken or the pins were sheared off. I had to to scavenge the broken arms and missing springs but was coming up empty on the pins. I went to the hardware store to see what they had and noticed that regular 3 1/2" hinge pins for doors in your house have a similar sized head and shank. I used a caliper to measure the diameter and used a grinder and a file to cut the shank down to size and used a hacksaw to cut down the length. Used a vice to press em in and done! They are holding fine and once painted, no one will be able to tell the difference.

photo_zpsb95c6bb4.jpg

photo_zpsf4e763cc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Going to put her up for sale soon. Going to try to get a muffler and new alt. installed this weekend, then she'll be ready to drive home.  I'll include a good drivers door shell and a passenger fender. Price will be $4000 OBO Drop me a line if you're interested. I'll make a real for sale ad later.

• 4 weeks later...

^^^ I'm still lookin for a similar gas cap to pirate two little pieces from and no one around here has a window crank so I'm still lookin.

Tristin: I'm flexible on the price...

What's the difference between the 68 window cranks? Just that they are all silver. No black center cap?

Because I he some on my wagon on the back doors that the buddy I got them from said he thought they came off a 68 or 69

• 3 weeks later...