The "Not So" Resto 521

Taytay

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The passenger side needed lifting of the core support to line every thing up again, bout an inch

C750B5CC-9469-4F15-843B-311172878608-442

was gonna break out the engine hoist and use it to stretch things back out, but had an idea...... the truck had been driven in its "wrecked" condition for so long the bottom of the head light bucket on the core support rusted thru ALOT so with a little "moving" of the rust to support a larger hole....... i rammed a 2x4 up thru and put my floor jack under it :thumbup: WINNING

6920D5CA-DC40-4C08-83A0-011C5B12D8AE-442

Some......./ alot of bondo and some sanding later were back on track

39545660-4086-49DE-B1FC-BD2A7B1C6FCD-442

Very nice work dude. Those look like nice rust free awesomeness. Your truck is already nice than mine... I need to get to work

thanks man! its getting there, ive contemplated just buying another shell and swapping all the goods, but were to far now lol

With so much damage, other than just putting on a whole new core support this is about the best its gonna look. P.S this is all takiing place where my garage should exist this summer.

8B70CB59-57A9-475F-8807-91A5C4864064-442

other than a new bumper have to say im pleased for now

50A6AA98-8838-4924-A213-6933038E4F80-442

D7F578EC-C823-4C98-88F7-089E28AF2B2F-442

513EE216-7400-4170-A6AF-BD900FD9EC7E-442

i bumped up a series and went with 195-65-15 instead, doesnt look as cool from behind but rides a ton smoother and is waaaaaay better on the highway.

future plans are to get the rest of it flat green with a new bumper, finish up the interior and tackle electrical to get my blinkers working right.

I have done some metal work on the front of one of my 521 trucks.  This thread may give you some ideas.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/49698-my-dragon-datsun-521/

For 521 turn signals, get the four way (emergency) flashers working first.  The four way flashers remove the steering wheel turn switch and its problems from the circuit.  It is also common for the taillights to lose a ground.   The turn signal circuit does get power through the four way switch.  Power has to pass through the four way switch, when it is off.

I do not know of you have this, you might find it helpful.

521wires.jpg

Yea it's not perfect would be a lot nicer with a cleaner slate but what ever its just a daily driver loud as hell too lol.

I am glad you drive your's every day my truck is already  a damm trailer queen at this point.Keep up the good work its coming along real nice,and i am glad you took those stretched wheels and tires off.

I have done some metal work on the front of one of my 521 trucks. This thread may give you some ideas.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/49698-my-dragon-datsun-521/

For 521 turn signals, get the four way (emergency) flashers working first. The four way flashers remove the steering wheel turn switch and its problems from the circuit. It is also common for the taillights to lose a ground. The turn signal circuit does get power through the four way switch. Power has to pass through the four way switch, when it is off.

I do not know of you have this, you might find it helpful.

521wires.jpg

Thanks! I have a basic diagram but nothing this extent, I've yet to thumb through my datto book to see what it's got yet also, but yea my plan is to pull that turn signal switch, just by peeking through the crack on it it's pretty well gummed up. My grounds are prob crap for sure, the left blinker works...... Till you turn on the lights, the right still needs a bulb. Luckily these back windows are so visible I can give hand signals (if I'm not driving in the right lane already) from in the cab. Lol

I am glad you drive your's every day my truck is already a damm trailer queen at this point.Keep up the good work its coming along real nice,and i am glad you took those stretched wheels and tires off.

I like to think of it as a trailer king, yup had to bump up the psi a bit for this shot. No big deal. :D

26F243D6-B66F-49C1-A632-864C574856EF-475