New to the Ratsun community!

70RUSTY510

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak
One of many things i gotta replace lol, but as far as looks im keeping it patina just going to shine it up

Glad to here it,I wouldnt wax it tho, leave the pantina it is so nice...

• Like 1

I forgot to say welcome. 

Yeah I would leave it as well. If I owned that car, I would replace everything under the hood (without painting anything), either repaint the red portion of those rims black or replace them fully, and get an all new interior. 

Car looks great... lots of character thats worth keeping. 

I forgot to say welcome. 

Yeah I would leave it as well. If I owned that car, I would replace everything under the hood (without painting anything), either repaint the red portion of those rims black or replace them fully, and get an all new interior. 

Car looks great... lots of character thats worth keeping. 

Looks Like An L20b?

The swastikas i'm keeping as spares due to 2 of them being damaged from a previous owner on a different 510 :/  I plan on running a different set of wheels. Engine bay will just be cleaned up with working parts and the bay will be shined up with the patina :) the interior need an overhaul! lol

Its an L16 B&W automatic

Thanks for all the comments guys! And any info i will gladly take...i'm still getting use to finding the right parts

I was just about to post that its an L16 auto... you can tell because of the column shift.

You can probably find all the stuff youre missing easily. Dash looks like it will lean up fine, you just need a new pad. With that you can buy a used decent one or buy a cap. Check out 71Dimer for new carpet. Im sure you can find a part out for your missing emblems and license plate lights.

How is the car lowered in the rear?

I was just about to post that its an L16 auto... you can tell because of the column shift.

You can probably find all the stuff youre missing easily. Dash looks like it will lean up fine, you just need a new pad. With that you can buy a used decent one or buy a cap. Check out 71Dimer for new carpet. Im sure you can find a part out for your missing emblems and license plate lights.

How is the car lowered in the rear?

The dash just needs a new pad, i need to fix some of the dash pieces, wiring, etc. new carpet forsure. I need to find the fender and trunk emblems and the license plate lights are in the trunk. i'll end up starting a WTB thread for the stuff i need to get that i couldnt find. as for the suspension i was told cut springs in the front and rear but i'll figure that out once i pull it off the car :)

Oh Im digging this car.

I would put the red wheels back on. and buff it out using TR3 and even do the rust. it will be fine.

Dont use the stuff if you think your going to pain near term but it will be fine.

Only thing its a automatic.

But I love the Pantina. Desert red patina is the best.

Wish i could get those red wheels back but my buddy had a deal with his friend so i got stuck with the swastikas that 2 of them are messed up but oh well i'll get another set of wheels. Thanks i cant wait to polish her up and see what it looks like when its done lol. I gotta convert over to stick i have all the parts to do it except the tranny.

I agree wih what everyone says. I like this one. How bad are the other 2 rims? It's easy to find 2 replacements or even get yours fixed. Can't war to see this one running.

Be easier to find 2 replacements, the 2 are beyond fixable cause the rims are bent and the lips of them smashed in badly.

i dig it. sounds like you have some solid plans. Mine is an auto also and at first i hated it, but it's starting to grow on me.

Just slap a weber on there, go through the brakes and drive it while you fix it. soak the fusebox in vinegar and give it a good scrubbing.

oh and welcome!

oh and this stuff works better than TR3 to bring back a little shine to that old paint, in my opinion: http://carnu-bwax.com/eng_products.htm

• Like 1
i dig it. sounds like you have some solid plans. Mine is an auto also and at first i hated it, but it's starting to grow on me.

Just slap a weber on there, go through the brakes and drive it while you fix it. soak the fusebox in vinegar and give it a good scrubbing.

oh and welcome!

oh and this stuff works better than TR3 to bring back a little shine to that old paint, in my opinion: http://carnu-bwax.com/eng_products.htm

Thank you very much! I plan on driving it and fixing it at the same time lol. What's a good price for a weber?

Thank you very much! I plan on driving it and fixing it at the same time lol. What's a good price for a weber?

Depends if youre buying new or used. 

New theyre like $240 or something. Check out Redline or Webers Direct for real pricing. Used in good condition youre looking at like $125. Rebuildable $50-$75. Prices may vary. 

• Like 1
Depends if youre buying new or used. 

New theyre like $240 or something. Check out Redline or Webers Direct for real pricing. Used in good condition youre looking at like $125. Rebuildable $50-$75. Prices may vary. 

Ebay will give u a good idea. A 32/26 is a great upgrade. A good balance of power and fuel economy.

Thanks guys for your help. I appreciate it