90 240sx hatch

picked up the car yesterday, it needed a rebuild so im in the process of swaping one of my other ka's into it.  the car came with a ka24de engine that has been bored over .020 with carrillo pistons and rings, not sure of what brand rods, all the turbo piping and intercooler, 3 inch exhaust, and all of the guages for the turbo setup.   the engine has a spun rod bearing so im gonna rebuild it, i also need to buy a turbo manifold and turbo as it didnt come with the car. 

pics of before i got it.

3E83k43Ha5I15Ec5Had2332bda752239d124c_zp

3G93I13Hd5N35I85G8d1kdef3df7542941aae_zp

3I73Nf3Hf5Nd5L15Mdd1k43e71577ad63117b_zp

3Kc3F63Na5Ec5K25J8d23a9ea9ddf881d17f8_zp

its not as nice as it looks in the pics...

the wheels im going to be running.

563310_504634966246552_1927947516_n_zpsc

my other ka in.

71758_504661392910576_163534328_n_zpsbc0

hopefully it will be running and driveable by tomorrow.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! If I knew you were looking, a buddy of mine just sold a cheap hatch. Prolly could have gotten it for an awesome price. 

damn!  haha ive been looking for awhile, i just havent posted up that i was lol.

I see 4 bays,sure hope datsuns are in the other three

i wish, those pics were from the cl add but there are datsuns in the driveway lol

That rubber front bumper cover looks like a 1991 version ???

idk but its coming off.

Thumbs up for replacing the front fascia and not getting aftermarket ricer stuff in its place. :thumbup:

Does it have the electric shoulder belts that slide on the rail over the door frame?

If so, you may be interested to know that S14 seatbelts are almost a direct bolt-in. 

I put some in my 1992 S13, and I've been meaning to take photos now that they're in.

Thumbs up for replacing the front fascia and not getting aftermarket ricer stuff in its place. :thumbup:

Does it have the electric shoulder belts that slide on the rail over the door frame?

If so, you may be interested to know that S14 seatbelts are almost a direct bolt-in. 

I put some in my 1992 S13, and I've been meaning to take photos now that they're in.

i cant stand most aftermarket bumpers, the shark nose looks good on the cars.    ive been thinking about getting rid of the decapitators but i haven't came across any s14 belts yet.

I dropped the transmission today and go to put the clutch a flexplate in only to find out the dowel pins and bolt holes wont line up.    I go and check the parts number and its correct for the ka24de, but the new clutch is about a half inch shorter all the way around.  The flex plate is smaller aswell so none of the alignment dowels or bolt holes line up.   Now i have to figure out what has been swapped on to it.

If you have a flex plate then your have an automatic.  I think you mean FLY WHEEL.   If your new KA24DE specific clutch kit is too small then it is likely you have the larger 240mm sr20det flywheel installed vs the 225mm ka24de flywheel. 225mm plus 1/2 inch (12.7mm)= 237.7 mm   Pretty close to 240mm just by eyeballing it.

If you have a flex plate then your have an automatic.  I think you mean FLY WHEEL.   If your new KA24DE specific clutch kit is too small then it is likely you have the larger 240mm sr20det flywheel installed vs the 225mm ka24de flywheel. 225mm plus 1/2 inch (12.7mm)= 237.7 mm   Pretty close to 240mm just by eyeballing it.

yeah flywheel lol long night and was sleepy.  and if i remember right the sr20 flywheel wont fit because it has 8 crank bolts instead of 6.

I think the mod they did was for a vg30e or et flywheel. They had a bigger surface area i think. Look into that. I hope I am right.

correct you are sir!  after searching around last night i found out about this mod, ordered the right clutch this morning.

this is also correct lol.   the car was setup for a ka24det before i got it, so theres probably a few things that have been modified/changed that im going to run into.    i plan to build another ka-t for it, or drop a ca18det in it if i come across one cheap.

so finally got everything back together and running great, and fucking deer decides to gnarburger the side of my car!!!!!   now i have a huge dent in my quarter panel and part of my door, but in other news i will soon have some deer jerky and a deer hyde shift boot.